Susan's Reviews > Wild Things: The Joy of Reading Children's Literature as an Adult

Wild Things by Bruce Handy

A must read! Makes you see and appreciate your childhood - and grownup - reading in a whole new way. Such a cerebral but delightful blend of biography, criticism, history, and memoir. I am in awe of my brother Bruce.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Things.

Started Reading
June 1, 2017 – Finished Reading
July 30, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Marty (new)

Marty Lanus Aha! An author's sister! My daughter was born in 1985 and my two favorite children's books were for her generation: "If You're Afraid of the Dark, Remember the Night Rainbow" and "A Visit to William Blake's Inn." I so want to ask your brother about these. I am new to Goodreads, having posted one book and not added to it. Does Bruce have an answer questions listing or page? I am enjoying his book, by the way.

Susan Hi Marty! Thanks for your comment! I shared it with Bruce, and this is what he says back to you:

Hi. Thanks so much for the nice words about my book! I don't know the two books you mention, but one of the pleasures of publishing Wild Things has been people introducing me to new works like this, and it's always fascinating to me what kids respond to. I think as a group, kids have more eclectic tastes than adults. I will check these titles out. At some point, I hope to write a follow-up piece for someone on all the books that have been recommended to me. Thanks again!

message 3: by Marty (new)

Marty Lanus Thanks for passing this along, Susan.