Todd Ross's Reviews > Buried Heart

Buried Heart by Kate Elliott

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult

Last night I finished the final novel in the Court of Fives series by Kate Elliott. To be honest, I think was a little disappointed. Kate Elliott is one of my favorite authors, but I just didn't feel like this book had the conclusion and impact I was hoping for. I feel like it should have probably been split into 2 books. It felt a little rushed with seemingly very little conflict that wasn't addressed or resolved far too quickly. I would have liked to have seen more about how the Saroese reacted to an Efean takeover from more viewpoints. I would have liked a little more struggle. Other than short stint in the mines which could have been longer, everything just felt a little too easy for all the characters.

I'd love a novella or story about the Tonor/Wenru baby as he grows up though, that is rife for some interesting stories.

Hopefully now that this book is complete Kate Elliott will finish the 2nd Black Wolves novel. Her epic fantasy is fantastic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buried Heart.

July 30, 2017 – Started Reading
July 30, 2017 – Shelved
August 18, 2017 –
page 250
53.76% "I'm a little over halfway through and it really doesn't feel like I'm halfway through the final book in a trilogy. I'm interested to see how Kate Elliott wraps up this story as there are a ton of unfinished plot points right now."
August 23, 2017 – Finished Reading