Ri's Reviews > Once Upon A

Once Upon A by Charlotte E. Hart

Not for the faint hearted

Sweet holy hell. This book is hotter than Satan's Mistress. I knew this book was going to be dark. I had no idea it was going to be this DARK. I learned a couple of things reading this; I love dark, I loved this book, and I need therapy (apparently) either that, or all the nuns were right about me being a deviant. There is a high probability of that being true. No wonder I rebelled at Catholic school and am no longer Catholic .

Alana was a fireball. Struggling with identity and living up to societal expectations.Blaine, holy hell is he a dark soul but hotter than Hades. It was interesting getting into his mind. The story intrigued me. Normally, the extreme aspects of BDSM frighten me but it was interesting to read about and get some insight into why others might personally like pain or pain to that extent. I found myself wanting to know more about Priest and Tabitha.

Looking forward to more from this author. My only complaint was the LONG paragraphs. I put that aside though because she has a great style in her writing and I loved deconstructing some of her thoughts (the little things that make me happy for a degree in Literature). Can't wait to read the next book. I need to restock my wine first though.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Upon A.

July 30, 2017 – Started Reading