Nicole Sterling's Reviews > Tornado Terror

Tornado Terror by Lauren Tarshis

bookshelves: books-i-own, with-caleb

We love all the I Survived! books in this series, but this is the third in a sub-series of real life stories about actual people who survived, which is always interesting. This one was closer to home than some of the others, because it was about tornadoes (we live in tornado Alley), and one of the two stories was about the Joplin tornado of 2011. My husband was actually sent up there by his employer for a few days afterwards to help, because a branch of the business was up there and had been destroyed. My husband did tour the facility, which was a complete loss, by most of the time he spent his days organizing supplies, doing security for a pop-up medical facility, handing out food and clothing and offering support. My son was too young to remember this, so my husband told him about it tonight and showed him the pictures he took while he was there. My son was both in awe and disbelief by seeing the devastation.
I would definitely recommend this book, and all the books in the I Survived! series. They're great, and they're a good way to introduce kids to some history that reads like a fictional story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tornado Terror.

July 29, 2017 – Started Reading