Cara's Reviews > Summer's Crossing

Sep 11, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, e-book, fantasy, male-protagonist, series
Read from September 11 to 12, 2011

I have been a little too obsessed with this series and right after I had read The Iron Queen I was just itching to read something else but The Iron Knight hadn't come out yet! Oh gosh what is a girl to do, right? Well thankfully Kagawa wrote this, it's available for free here.

This time around the novella centers on Puck and Ash. Ash must pay back a favor and what you know Puck is the person to help him out. It was fun to see things from Puck's perspective. The style is much more light and funny from his view. It's reassuring to see that the author has a good feel for her characters. As the reader we get to see Puck in his element, which is when he is causing trouble.

Though these short stories are fun I can't love them as much as the books because they are well...too short. But it was definitely nice to read about these characters for just a tad bit longer.

I believe this story sets up the next book very well. In the final book we are going to be seeing lots of interaction between Ash and Puck, so this gives us a little taste of what is to come.

Now I'll be off waiting again for the final book of the series, which I'm sure will not disappoint.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer's Crossing.