DJ Sakata's Reviews > Crazy Notion

Crazy Notion by Sarah Darlington

bookshelves: adult-contemporary-romance

Favorite Quotes:

It didn’t help that this man had to be straight up handsome, too. Like Clark Kent handsome… He even had on dark frames, as if he really were trying to channel Clark Kent up in the front seat. Good thing I'd always been a Batman fan.

I had a feeling I was about to see the side of him that turned smart girls, like Sandra, stupid.

His blue eyes were sincere and kind, staring at me like I hung the moon in his eyes. He knew the worst about me and…still, he’d only ever looked at me with adoration.

I knew my life was never going to be the same… You aren’t the little girl I remembered—you’re so much more.

My Review:

I have only read two of Sarah Darlington’s books, but I plan to remedy that as soon as is humanly possible. She has mad storytelling skills. Her characters tend to be uniquely quirky train wrecks, less than admirable and deeply flawed screw-ups, and some have even been absolutely obnoxious and cringe-worthy. However, despite their countless poor choices, missteps, and transgressions, I find myself a bit tense with conflict before pulling toward them and wanting good things to happen for them to balance out the poor hands they had been dealt, and such was the case with the low-rent/trailer-park raised waitress/part-time hooker character of Raven in this engrossing tale.

Raven was jaded, temperamental, impulsive, easily angered, crass, and impatient. She was also beautiful, highly sensual, and a survivor. She was doing the best she could muster given her limited opportunities and heart-breaking history. The writing and storyline of Crazy Sexy Notion held me captive, even when I wanted to give the exasperating characters a hard pinch or whack to the head I couldn’t stop reading and finished the book in a day. Prepare for lots of expletives, characters you’ll want to smack, heart-squeezes, sizzling sensual scenes, and an addictive tale that proved hard to quit. I can’t wait to see who and what Ms. Darlington conjures up for me to love/hate next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Notion.

July 28, 2017 – Shelved
January 3, 2018 – Started Reading
January 3, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara I get a kick out of how involved you get with the characters in books DJ. So often you want to jump into the book and pinch them or whack them or break your kindle on their heads.....and so on. Ha ha ha

message 2: by DJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

DJ Sakata Barbara wrote: "I get a kick out of how involved you get with the characters in books DJ. So often you want to jump into the book and pinch them or whack them or break your kindle on their heads.....and so on. Ha ..."

LOL, I know I'm reading a skilled writer when that happens! ;)

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (Ginger Mom) I always love your reviews! And I really can't wait to read this one :)

message 4: by DJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

DJ Sakata Megan wrote: "I always love your reviews! And I really can't wait to read this one :)"

Thanx Megan - you are so sweet to say so!