Lady*M's Reviews > Clear Water

Clear Water by Amy Lane

Sep 11, 2011

bookshelves: m-m-romance, contemporary
Read from September 13 to 14, 2011

Amy Lane is a great writer, but usually I wait for at least 10 reliable reviews before I pick up her book - because angst in some of them is hitting the stratosphere. I realized that I enjoy her books more when they are infused with some humor. And, while Clear Water is still touching insight into a life of person with ADHD, it also humorous and quirky enough to counterbalance the angst.

I had some trouble with the narrative style in the beginning, but when I got into it, I enjoyed the characters (Patrick, Whiskey, Fly Bait and, in the end, even dad) and the story very much. The guys were great together, Fly Bait and her girlfriend were awesome female characters, the mystery was surprising and I even liked the time Patrick and Whiskey spent apart, because Patrick got time to grow and mend the relationship with his dad. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clear Water.

09/13/2011
32.0% "God, Patrick just made me cry..."
09/13/2011
43.0% "Fly Bait is awesome."

message 1: by Cay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cay She is :D I Almost always hate the women in m/m, but she is great.

Lady*M Cayce wrote: "She is :D I Almost always hate the women in m/m, but she is great."

Unfortunately, I agree - the awesome female characters like these are somewhat rare in M/M books. And she was not the typical best friend of a gay man either.

message 3: by Cay (last edited Sep 14, 2011 06:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cay "I wait for at least 10 reliable reviews before I pick up her book - because angst in some of them is hitting the stratosphere" Same here.
Great review.