Lisa (Remarkablylisa)'s Reviews > The Fix Up

The Fix Up by Tawna Fenske

Jul 27, 2017

bookshelves: july-2017

MY RATING: 4.5 / 5

This is my first book that I have ever read from Tawna Fenske and it will certainly not be my last. I just need some time and I will finish the rest of her 'First Impression' series just you wait!

Let's start with the fact that I love nerds. After reading, The Wrong Kind of Compatible by Kadie Scott, I knew I was reading a good book when I realized Ben was just a dork. He loves star wars, trashy sci-fi movies, and stays way too long by himself in a lab than outside in the real world. But don't get me wrong ladies, Ben is attractive. He's really tall for a start. I know. He has beautiful eyes. He's kind. He's funny. He's a major fluff ball that you just want as your boyfriend and then your husband. I was eating out of his hand from chapter two.

Image result for henry cavill clark kent gifs

Moving onto Holly. We have an equally interesting character. She's smart, funny, and career driven. After a failed marriage, Holly stays as far as possible from anything related to dominant men who are threatened by her thriving career. Determined to carry through with her First Impressions Public Relations agency, she accepts Ben's offer to coach him into becoming the CEO he was born to be. Throughout the novel, Holly pushes and pulls away from Ben because she's truthfully, scared. She's scared that she's falling for a dominant guy like Ben again despite him having two sides. He can be demanding because he needs to be but he's also a big softie in heart. He only wants the best for Holly, respecting her opinions, her goals, and never ever follows the old traditions his father still firmly believes in.

Image result for olivia wilde gifs

For example, Ben's father believes a woman's place is to stay at home, raise her children, and take care of the household. I know. It's awful old fashion thinking. Ben doesn't stand for this by the way and he finally stands up to his father in the end. Can you see why he's perfect? Can you see how Holly is a well developed character?

Related image

Moving onto writing and humor. I loved it. It was easy to follow and I laughed at all the teasing remarks they gave to each other as well as the nerdy talk they shared. Did I also mention how adorable this story was? So much FLUFF. SO MUCH. IT MADE MY HEART BEAT 10 TIMES FASTER.

Image result for olivia wilde smiling gifs

The only reason why I didn't give it a 5/5 was because there might have been too much fluff. I KNOW. YOU'RE PROBABLY LIKE WHAT? HOW? HOW CAN YOU HAVE TOO MUCH FLUFF? Well, we were halfway through the book and it just felt that Tawna was shoving fluff and cute scenes down our throat without substance to it.

But I still loved everything.

MY RECOMMENDATION
JUST READ IT ALREADY.

WORDPRESS |INSTAGRAM | TWITTER GOODREADS

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fix Up.

July 27, 2017 – Started Reading