Sherry Fundin's Reviews > Cold Moon

Cold Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff

9198006

bookshelves: fiction, mystery, read-in-2017, serial-killer, series, suspense, thriller

After reading Blood Moon, Book II, by Alexandra Sokoloff, there was no way I could stop. I kept on reading through Cold Moon and Bitter Moon. Now I see we have Hunger Moon, which would be Book V, and I will jump through hoops to get my hands on it.

The moon talks to Cara. Does it talk to you? What does it say?

We begin with Roarke’s nightmare, waking him. Cara…

She faces her own terror in the night, but vows IT will never take her.

“Fair as the moon and cold as ice.”

Roark’s team functions like a well oiled machine, even when personalities occasionally clash and opinions differ. They always get their ‘man’.

Cold Moon takes an even closer look into the depraved, the abused, the lost and those who care about them. Human trafficking of women and children, enslaved in prostitution, bought and sold, used and abused. Who will stand up for them, defend them, save them?

How can an online presence affect people, politics, legalities, courts…The anonymity of cyber activism.

I do not want to spoil any of the goodies contained in Cold Moon, the third book of Cara and Roarke’s story, so I will just throw out some hints and ask you…what would you do?

Evil…can you see it, smell it, touch it, feel it? Is it alive? Do you do something about it yourself?

Is it self defense, if you know evil is coming your way, and you take it out first?

My emotions are raging in anger and disgust. I know this goes on, day in and day out, and I wonder if those who, in real life, try to stem the flow of evil feel it is too big, there are too many. One by one they WILL fall.

“There is something larger at work…a force beyond the simply human. A female vengeance against outrages.” Santa Muerte

“Sometimes death for one is salvation for another.”

I love the dark and dangerous, unique and original, direction Alexandrar Sokoloff takes in this story. I am afraid to google some of the online forums she talks about. I am afraid of what I will find out. Will evil know I am looking and come for me? She continues to thrill and amaze me, disgust and frighten me, leaving me ALWAYS wanting more.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Cold Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff.

See more at fundinmental

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Moon.

July 27, 2017 – Shelved
October 4, 2017 – Shelved as: serial-killer
October 4, 2017 – Shelved as: series
October 4, 2017 – Shelved as: suspense
October 4, 2017 – Shelved as: thriller

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Alexandra Sokoloff Sherry, I just love your in-the-moment reviews! They always give me such a good sense of how the books are playing on the page.

I took some of the dialogue from those men's forums directly from real life forums. It's horrifying to see that there are men who really think/act like that. But it's a percentage of repeat offenders who cause almost all of the problem. If we can focus on identifying and prosecuting those, as Roarke and his team are doing, we can eliminate SO much of the atrocity. I have to believe that there's a will to do that.

Thanks so much for reading and spreading the word about the books.

- Alex

Sherry Fundin Alexandra wrote: "Sherry, I just love your in-the-moment reviews! They always give me such a good sense of how the books are playing on the page.

I took some of the dialogue from those men's forums directly from r..."

Thanks so much. It is always a pleasure to read your books. I can tell you did a lot of research, because the books sound all too real...horrifying that such predators are stalking...US.