hayden's Reviews > What Happened

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton

this is my hundredth book read this year! congrats, self!

edit:
i would like to add that one of the very first lines in the book, in the author's note, is, "i've tried to learn from my own mistakes. there are plenty, as you'll see in this book, and they are mine and mine alone." so enough with the "she's just going to blame everyone else!!!!!!1" nonsense.

• • •

prior to reading, i five-starred this book to offset idiots leaving one-star ratings

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened.

July 27, 2017 – Shelved
page 325
September 13, 2017 –
page 377
September 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

Keep Calm Novel On The trolls can't read and are rating it already. Sad!

hayden Keep Calm wrote: "The trolls can't read and are rating it already. Sad!"

i particularly like the trump-y tone of that last exclamation. sounds like one of his tweets!

Nasty Lady MJ I've just been deleting and blocking. It amuses me that they respond even though they know they're going to get blocked and be deleted from the thread. What a waste of energy...

message 5: by Wade (new) - rated it 1 star

Wade So, you put up a disingenuous rating to offset other disingenuous ratings. Thought that through, eh? smdh

message 6: by hayden (last edited Sep 09, 2017 11:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

hayden Wade wrote: "So, you put up a disingenuous rating to offset other disingenuous ratings. Thought that through, eh? smdh"

it was a balancing act for me, since when i added the book back on the day it was announced, it had a 1.0 rating. i stop at nothing when it comes to justice.

also, i see you with that 1-star. maybe stay in your own review space if you're going to criticize someone for doing something you are also doing.

(also, there's a fat chance neither of our ratings will be disingenuous, particularly mine, since i am going into this book with an open mind. if it were me, i wouldn't feel great about shutting down a book with which i had no experience. you don't see me one-starring Trump's or Coulter's books.)

message 7: by COMPLETELY_BOOKISH (last edited Sep 12, 2017 07:24PM) (new)

COMPLETELY_BOOKISH hayden wrote: "Wade wrote: "So, you put up a disingenuous rating to offset other disingenuous ratings. Thought that through, eh? smdh"

That seems like a strange interpretation of justice. If you don't approve of the tactics of your "enemies", doesn't using the those same tactics make you just as bad as them? Not trying to offend you, just pointing out something that I noticed :P

hayden BOOKLION_01 wrote: "hayden wrote: "Wade wrote: "So, you put up a disingenuous rating to offset other disingenuous ratings. Thought that through, eh? smdh"

it was a balancing act for me, since when i added the book ba..."

i get your point. it somehow feels different because it's a counteraction. kind of a "you started it!" thing. :)

Daniel Riley Interesting you chose not to quote the next three sentences of that passage... ;)

hayden daniel, this might be a tough pill to swallow, but hillary isn't the only one who made mistakes!

message 11: by Dave (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dave good job, you aiming for 200 books this year?

hayden Dave wrote: "good job, you aiming for 200 books this year?"

i was at first, but i'm not gonna make it! probably 150.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather Bond What do you wanna bet Wade didn't actually read the book?

Annieclaus Except she does blame just about everyone else: Comey, Russians, Bernie, etc., etc. But especially Comey.

hayden Annieclaus wrote: "Except she does blame just about everyone else: Comey, Russians, Bernie, etc., etc. But especially Comey.

I voted for her. She should have won. But the book is very repetitive. I gave it 4 stars."

i also gave it four stars.

let me be clear: she accepts her own faults. does that mean every fault in her campaign was hers and hers alone? no. it means she is frank about the fact that she made mistakes and owns up to them, but acknowledges that she is not the only guilty party.

message 17: by Zech (new) - added it

Zech F so you are part of the problem too. Hillary still doesn't acknowledge how flawed her concepts are, politics wise. Sure, its me didn't read the book, but they actually have a point.

hayden Zach wrote: "so you are part of the problem too. Hillary still doesn't acknowledge how flawed her concepts are, politics wise. Sure, its me didn't read the book, but they actually have a point."

it’s interesting to me that you feel entitled to speak with authority on the contents of this book when i can see that you, too, have not read it.

message 19: by Zech (new) - added it

Zech F It's interesting to me that you feel entitled to speak with authority on my observations, when i can see that you, too, have not observed the contents of the other reviews (including 5 stars).

hayden Zach wrote: "It's interesting to me that you feel entitled to speak with authority on my observations, when i can see that you, too, have not observed the contents of the other reviews (including 5 stars)."

what are you even trying to say?

message 21: by Zech (new) - added it

Zech F What I just said. Besides, my friend read the book and told me what it was about.

message 22: by hayden (last edited Dec 06, 2017 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

hayden Zach wrote: "What I just said. Besides, my friend read the book and told me what it was about."

right. and i read the sparknotes of huck finn so i know everything about it.

message 23: by Zech (new) - added it

Zech F Did I ever say I knew everything about it?

hayden Zach wrote: "Did I ever say I knew everything about it?"

"Hillary still doesn't acknowledge how flawed her concepts are, politics wise."

this implies you have knowledge of the contents of this book, which you don't.

message 25: by Zech (new) - added it

Zech F LOL did you read my reply before that? No other comments praise her for acknowledging that, so I think my assumption is valid.

hayden Zach wrote: "LOL did you read my reply before that? No other comments praise her for acknowledging that, so I think my assumption is valid."

and you’re not reading mine, so i’ll spell it out for you: you have not read the book, so you don't have sufficient knowledge to make claims about what’s inside.

SarahBDemille Go Hayden!

Denise I agree. she owns up to her part and expects everyone else to do the same. She doesn't bear sole responsibility and she shouldn't have to.

Also, I doubt the guy who claims her policies were flawed can even accurately tell you what any of them were.

message 29: by Darkness (last edited Oct 05, 2018 08:12AM) (new) - added it

Darkness Nasty Lady MJ wrote: "I've just been deleting and blocking. It amuses me that they respond even though they know they're going to get blocked and be deleted from the thread. What a waste of energy..." I noticed. Also my Account is very active and I have a large book list so I am not a puppet account.