Kristiej's Reviews > Romancing the Bachelor

Romancing the Bachelor by Diane Alberts

4.5 out of 5

There are several reasons why I got this book. Once again the shallow reason is the first one. The cover model reminds me of Oliver Hudson, who I think is very cute. Google it, you will see what I mean. Secondly, the price was right, and, thirdly, the story sounded cute.

And this is a really cute story. That’s the best word I can think of, and cute just hit the spot when I was reading it.

Eric is a very career-driven lawyer and doesn’t really come out of the lawyer cloud much. He does one day, though, and happens to notice the court reporter, Shelby, and decides he wants to get to know her better. The problem is Shelby is well aware of who Eric is. In fact, they live in the same building and he’s never really noticed her before. But she has noticed the parade of attractive women he brings to his apartment and is less than impressed with him.

Of course, that makes him want her even more. Typical, the more he tries to woo her, the more she puts him off. But eventually she capitulates to his charms and we, the readerm can totally see why. He’s adorable in his rather flummoxed she-won’t-go-out-with-him way..

But the two of them have very different goals. Shelby is working to head back to a nice, small town where she can put down roots. She already uprooted her life for a guy who then dumped her, and Eric only wants to stay where he is and where he has just made junior partner. So they both agree this is a relationship with an expiry date. It will be over when she leaves to head to her new small-town life. But, of course, their feelings for each other grow deeper and deeper, until both dread the thought of parting from each other.

I love both Shelby and Eric. Eric is just so adorably clueless that he’s actually falling in love and Shelby is determined to follow her plans, no matter how important Eric is becoming to her. I completely fell for this book. It’s the first one I’ve read by this author, and I was rather excited to see I have others on my Kindle. While I did not have the first book in the series, The CEO’s Seduction, I have fixed that and now own it.

The measure of a book is whether I think I will reread it and I’m pretty sure Romancing the Bachelor will be getting another read by me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Romancing the Bachelor.

Started Reading