Emily's Reviews > Judy Moody

Judy Moody by Megan McDonald

Apr 22, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: realistic-fiction, chapter-book
Recommended for: Junie B. Jones readers who are now just a little older.

Summary (CIP): Third grader Judy Moody is in a first-day-of-school bad mood until she gets an assignment to create a collage all about herself and begins creating her masterpiece, the Me collage.

Review: What I liked best about this book, is Judy's voice and attitude. She sounds a bit like a third grader I know. Some of her slang sayings I have never heard used, such as "rare", but her tendency to interpret a situation in the most dramatic terms feels very authentic. Judy is a likeable and relateable character. It is entertaining to watch how she deals with her "bad moods", she is creative and often exudes self-confidence. Thought the book looks rather substantial, the type font is large and the illustrations also fill pages to help along the early chapter book reader.

SLJ, in a positive review calls Juday "independent, feisty, and full of energy." Booklist remarks that the book is,"An entertaining story that portrays challenges and pleasures from a kid's perspective."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Judy Moody.

Eman why would a old women like you want to read a 2nd grade book you need to grow up fat slob and get a life im in fourth grade and i only read it to my friends but your OLD AND FAT AND LOOK LIKE A GLOB OF SLOB