Karen Mace's Reviews > Together

Together by Julie Cohen

If the first chapter doesn't tug at your heartstrings and put a tear in your eye, as it did with me, then you must be made of stone!! And that stunning opening had me hooked immediately and racing through each chapter to delve deeper into the uniquely told love story.

It's a story that starts at the end! And I really enjoyed that way of it being told! It allowed you to focus on certain parts of their lives together, and before, and helped put things into perspective as to why things were happening in the way they were. Robbie and Emily had such an amazing life together full of secrets and difficult decisions, and having them revealed in reverse order was such a clever way of telling the story and really gave it such an interesting spin and gave their story a fresh but heartbreaking feel.

I loved the flaws in the characters, there were bad points in their make up alongside the good and the bond they shared was strengthened even more by the events that took place throughout their life. I didn't see the twist coming either so that was a big surprise and one that worked well in the context of the story. Look forward to reading more from this author in the future!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Together.

July 27, 2017 – Shelved