Charlene's Reviews > An Arranged Marriage: A Pride & Prejudice Alternate Path

An Arranged Marriage by Jan Hahn

Sep 11, 2011

Recommended for: Pride and Prejudice fans

OH MY GOD!!! I just loved this P&P alternative!!! Jan Hahn did a wonderful job writing this. I was totally entranced reading this story. She put romance and anst into the story that was believable and enjoyable to read. The story starts out on the wedding day, which seemed very unlikely but you soon learn how and why this takes place. Unlike the oringinal P&P Lizzy agrees to marry Mr Darcy against her better judgement and he is willing to marry her under certain rules. He of course is a gentleman and does not force him self on Lizzy. So the story is really about there budding relationship and some obsticles they have to overcome. I could not put this book down. A lot of P&P alternatives that I do enjoy, they still cross the line in the romance but this book was perfect. I felt the yearnings but didn't have to witness what happens in private. I would definitely recomend this book to Jane Austen fans. I'm very obsessed with my Darcy and Elizabeth and sometimes I wish to move onto a different book(non D & E book) and then I run into a book like this that re-enstates my obsession and all I want to do is read more of D & E!!!!

Well done Jan! I truely am a fan!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Arranged Marriage.

September 10, 2011 – Started Reading