Jamie's Reviews > Arson

Arson by Estevan Vega

F 50x66
Sep 11, 2011

bookshelves: for-trade, own

Oh my goodness! I've seen reviews for this book all over the book blogging community and it really caught my attention. The cover has just enough "creep factor" that I had to get my hands on it. I mean just look at the cover! A Freddy Krugerish "mask" and flames! Anyway....moving on.

What really turned me on about this book was the writing. From the very first sentence until the very last sentence the way that it was written kept me engaged and reading and pretty much putting my life on hold because Arson's life was oh so very interesting. Oh well, Arson is oh so much more fun than doing laundry anyway.

The characters in the story for the most part I really enjoyed. I did at times have trouble relating to/understanding a couple of the characters. That is the main reason that I wasn't able to give Arson 5/5. After learning all sorts of secrets as the book progressed I am looking forward to learning even more about all of these very interesting characters in the sequel that's coming up.

Overall, Arson is most definitely the most "different" (in a good way) book that I've read in the past couple of months. Once you get past the "creep factor" I think this book is pretty dang good. I think that Estevan Vega hit a home run with this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Arson.