Andrew's Reviews > A Thousand Suns

A Thousand Suns by Alex Scarrow

** spoiler alert ** ok I have marked this up as containing spoilers but I don't really want to pass anything away just that its difficult to comment without give some sort of hint. Right the book - its a strange one - even though the write up and cover comments do not mention it - you do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what they are referring to.
Now here is the surprise - you can sort of guess what happens or does not - and you know the eventual fates of the characters ok well most of them at least (there is a nice little twist) but rather than tell in short clips the original story while focusing on the modern events - it happens in reverse with the main story telling the events leading up to those that open the book.
It is an entertaining read with few surprises but still highly enjoyable but in the end predictable since to quote they do not turn New York in to Stalingrad

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Thousand Suns.

September 11, 2011 – Started Reading
page 117
October 1, 2011 –
page 326
October 2, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Sandie (new) - added it

Sandie Oh my goodness!! Why didn't you tell me about this book!!! I'm adding it, it sounds awesome! Let me know what you think of it so far!

Andrew Picked it up from the charity shop and thought i would give it a go - so far looking good