Brenda - Traveling Sister 's Reviews > Buried Secrets

Buried Secrets by T.J. Brearton

liked it

Buried Secrets was a Traveling Sister Group Read that we all enjoyed reading together but this was our first book that produced very short discussions although, we did have a few good laughs, overall this story did not work for us.

When we first meet Brett he is digging up buried secrets in his garden which sounds gripping enough but not so much for the Traveling Sisters. Things started to go sideways for us quite early on and we had some trouble connecting with the characters and the storyline. We found the story to be underwhelming with little suspense to keep us wanting to turn those pages.

The story and tension does pick up a bit near the end and has one pretty good twist that made me really see why this book would work for some other readers. I would recommend this book with caution.

Thank you to NetGalley, Bookouture and T. J. Brearton for a copy to review in exchange for an honest review.

All of our Traveling Sisters Group Read Reviews along with Kaceey's review for this one can be found on Norma’s and my sister blog:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buried Secrets.

July 26, 2017 – Shelved
September 7, 2017 – Started Reading
September 9, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

Kaceey Wonderful review Brenda! Enjoyed reading this one with you and our traveling sisters even though it did fall a little short for us!

Jaline - (on partial hiatus) Great review, Brenda! It's too bad this one wasn't a bit more engaging. However, I'm sure everyone enjoyed reading together anyway :)

message 3: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Brenda!

message 4: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Great review Brenda x

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen Terrific review, Brenda!

message 6: by Frances (new)

Frances Hope the next one is better Brenda; nice review!!

message 7: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Great review, Brenda! Sorry this didn't work for you.

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Brenda! They all can't be great I guess. 🤗

Holly  B Great review Brenda ...hop the next is a winner!

Diane S ☔ Very nice and diplomatic, Brenda.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Thoughtful review, Brenda! I hope your next read is a full five stars!

Sarah Joint Great review, Brenda! I still had fun. :)

Brenda - Traveling Sister Kaceey wrote: "Wonderful review Brenda! Enjoyed reading this one with you and our traveling sisters even though it did fall a little short for us!"

Thank you, Kaceey! I sure did too!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Jaline wrote: "Great review, Brenda! It's too bad this one wasn't a bit more engaging. However, I'm sure everyone enjoyed reading together anyway :)"

Thank you Jaline!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Deanna wrote: "Great review, Brenda!"

Thank you Deanna!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Miriam wrote: "Great review Brenda x"

Thank you, Miriam!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Jen wrote: "Terrific review, Brenda!"

Thank you, Jen!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Frances wrote: "Hope the next one is better Brenda; nice review!!"

Thank you, Frances!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Meredith wrote: "Great review, Brenda! Sorry this didn't work for you."

Thank you, Meredith!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Norma wrote: "Wonderful review, Brenda! They all can't be great I guess. 🤗"

Thank you, Norma! No they cant. That would be boring too! Lol

Brenda - Traveling Sister Holly wrote: "Great review Brenda ...hop the next is a winner!"

Thank you, Holly. I am thinking we have a few winners lined up!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Diane S ☔ wrote: "Very nice and diplomatic, Brenda."

Thank you, Diane!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Thoughtful review, Brenda! I hope your next read is a full five stars!"

Thank you, Jennifer!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Sarah wrote: "Great review, Brenda! I still had fun. :)"

Thank you, Sarah! I am so glad to hear that! I look forward to more reads with you!

message 25: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Great review, Brenda, I'm glad that - if nothing else - you had fun reading it with the rest of the Traveling Sisters!