Alaina's Reviews > Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

50620706

bookshelves: young-adult, sci-fi, fiction, fantasy, mystery, april-challenge-2018, contemporary, favorites, humor, paranormal
Read 2 times. Last read April 5, 2018 to April 6, 2018.

Not going to lie.. this book has been on my radar for a while.. but once I saw that it was becoming a movie... well I jumped on this book quicker than a bottle of wine being uncorked!

Artemis Fowl was such an interesting and enjoyable book. Artemis is basically your best nemesis ever! He's brilliant, evil as fudge, and a ruthless bastard all wrapped into one! Oh, did I forget to mentions he's also en evil millionaire mastermind?!?! He's like the Doctor Evil and the Mini Me all combined into one person! I loved it!

Artemis, is bad, but soooooo freaking lovable. Sometimes you need a good villain to love - and boy did I love his character! I loved all of the magic too throughout this book. Maybe I'm on a magic high from the Children of Blood and Bone book but this book was such a nice followup!

Overall, the book was amazing! I loved Holly, even though she was captured by Artemis.. but damn those fairies can be sneaky af. I can't wait to dive into the second book because I NEED MORE FROM ARTEMIS! I can't accept that the book is over right now!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis Fowl.

Finished Reading
April 6, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
April 6, 2018 – Shelved as: humor
April 6, 2018 – Shelved as: paranormal
April 6, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Jennifer want to read the rest of the series with me? casual like??

Alaina OMG YES. I WOULD LOVE THAT

Jennifer Sweet! I’ve already got the 2nd one ready to go when you are ready.

Alaina Jennifer wrote: "Sweet! I’ve already got the 2nd one ready to go when you are ready."

omg yes! I'm ready!

Jennifer I'll set up the threads this am.

Jennifer added series threads in both our groups for 4/8

Alaina yay! I just saw them too!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

We Are Apparently Getting The Trailer for The Artemis Fowl Movie Tomorrow