Brenda's Reviews > An Earl for the Archeress

An Earl for the Archeress by E. Elizabeth Watson

bookshelves: reviewed

Publisher's Description:
Desperate for coin, Lady Mariel Crawford enters an archery contest as a boy but despite her unmatched skill she loses in a tie to the intriguing, frustrating, and very handsome Earl of Huntington. Robert of Huntington seems like any other young philanderer and Mariel, fleeing a cruel father, trusts no man. Yet Robert proves to have a softer side that threatens her resolve to remain alone and unattached.

When Robert bests a young woman at a tourney, his curiosity deepens when he realizes she is the daughter of the ruthless Beast of Ayr. And when he learns that Mariel’s father conspires with the Sheriff of Nottingham Robert is compelled to protect her. Even if it means lying. Even if it means the only way he can save her is by marrying her. He’s willing to lose everything to guard the Scottish wildling who has pierced his heart.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed reading this Robin Hood like tale of Robert and Mariel. It reminded me much of Robin Hood and Maid Marian except this maid is no simpering helpless maid.
Her cruel and vicious father is much like the one from the age old tale and our hero tackles the Sheriff of Nottingham much like Robin did.
This sensual tale is wonderfully written with well developed characters and an entrancing storyline.
I gave this book 4.5 of 5.0 stars for storyline and characterization and a sensual rating of 3.75 of 5.0 flames.
The physical encounter is a lone one but you can assuredly feel the heat in this wonderfully told story.
I received a complimentary digital ARC of this title from the publicist via NetGalley to read for an upcoming blog tour.
This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Earl for the Archeress.

July 22, 2017 – Started Reading