Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥'s Reviews > The Serpent's Kiss

The Serpent's Kiss by Claire Marta

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-paranormal-romance

I have been reading and enjoying Claire Marta’s work since the very first book in her Hunter Chronicle’s series, Frostbite. Serpent’s Kiss is the fourth installment, so I was more than excited when I finally got it in my hands! Not to mention, the cover is absolutely beautiful! Who wouldn’t want to read it based on that alone?!

Jasmine is suffering a rather torturous withdrawal from Eric’s bite, and she knows the only way to make it better is to get her fix from another vampire. With that in mind, Asier, sex club owner and Master Vampire of London, seems to be her only hope for relief. He’s always taken an interest in Jasmine, so she knows she has to be careful when it comes to him. Eric shattered her heart into a million pieces, and she isn’t ready to hand it to another vampire so he can do the same.

Meanwhile, a deadly drug called Serpent’s Kiss is inundating London. Jasmine’s team is hot on the trail of its mysterious supplier while she is trying her best to keep her vampire bite addiction a secret. This leads to her finding herself in a world of trouble and despite her reservations, even further into the arms of Asier.

Serpent’s Kiss is full of action, mystery, and plenty of steam. This book reminded me a lot of Dark Desires, my favorite of the series, so needless to say, I’m a fan. I wasn’t as bothered as I probably should have been that Eric was missing from the story. Don’t get me wrong, I love Eric, but it was fun to see Jasmine interacting with Asier again. I don’t feel bad about it at all either, because Eric screwed her over by leaving her knowing she would be in agony without him. To be honest, it’s making it hard for me to remain on team Eric. I can’t wait to see what the author has in store to redeem him in our eyes. All the supporting characters were amazing as usual. Twitch has to be my favorite though which is why I can’t wait for his book to come out next! If you’ve read the first three books in this series and enjoyed them, you shouldn’t hesitate at all to add this one to your tbr! If you haven’t yet began this series, but you like urban fantasy or paranormal romance, I recommend you give this one a try!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Serpent's Kiss.

July 25, 2017 – Started Reading
July 25, 2017 – Shelved
August 17, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 18, 2017 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy-paranormal-romance

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Enjoy Jessica ❤ xo

message 2: by Malene (new)

Malene Super review, babe

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie A. Thanks for the review! Just downloaded book 1.

message 4: by Karla (new)

Karla Awesome review, chica! ❤️❤️

♥ WishfulMiss ♥ Great review Jessica!

message 6: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Amazing review, babe! 💙

message 7: by Nicola (new) - added it

Nicola Rose Oooh, why have I not heard of this series before?! Thanks for the review, adding the series to the tbr pile!

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth Super review, Jessica! <3

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie The Biblioholic Amazing review, lovely! xo

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ ⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Enjoy Jessica ❤ xo"

Thank you, babe!! I did! 💋

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks* wrote: "Super review, babe"

Thank you, Malene!!! 💋💋

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Melanie wrote: "Thanks for the review! Just downloaded book 1."

Yay!! Happy reading!! ❤💋

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Karla wrote: "Awesome review, chica! ❤️❤️"

Thank you, babe!! 💋💋💋

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ wrote: "Great review Jessica!"

Thank you, babe!! ❤❤

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Nazanin wrote: "Amazing review, babe! 💙"

😍 Thank you so much, Nazanin!!! 💋💋

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Nicola wrote: "Oooh, why have I not heard of this series before?! Thanks for the review, adding the series to the tbr pile!"

Yay!! 🙌🙌 Claire is on ig too, babe!! @clairemartawrites 💋

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆ wrote: "Super review, Jessica! <3"

Thank you, Astrid!! 💋💋

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Natalie wrote: "Amazing review, lovely! xo"

message 19: by Carvanz (new)

Carvanz Awesome review Jessica!