K.'s Reviews > Trail of Lightning

Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse

Trigger warnings: death, blood, gore, violence, murder, death of a child, death of a loved one.

3.5 stars.

I've been anticipating this book from the second I heard about it. I mean, it's billed as a paranormal, Native American version of Mad Max. Which sounds AMAZING. And based on the first couple of chapters of this, I was hooked.

It's more urban fantasy than anything, although the majority of it takes place in the country. I loved the world and the worldbuilding. The initial stages of the story reminded me of Supernatural crossed with Kate Daniels and I was totally here for it.

That said, I felt like the second half dragged a little more than I would have liked, but I'm still REALLY interested to see where the series goes from here! (Also: nothing about this is YA, probably don't give this to teenagers it's super fucking gory)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trail of Lightning.

July 24, 2017 – Shelved
August 13, 2018 – Shelved as: poc-narrator
August 13, 2018 – Shelved as: indigenous-stories
August 13, 2018 – Shelved as: setting-usa
August 13, 2018 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Devon Munn I am very interested in this book, although it does seem to share similarities to a book called Killer Of Enemies (which btw you wouldn't mind if i recommended some books about Indigenous peoples to you?)