Stephanie Noel's Reviews > Crooked Kingdom

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Aug 19, 2017

bookshelves: favorites-2017, read-2017

I had so much fun reading this book. In fact, the duology stepped from the last book. I actually liked how the action built up and the fact that all countries were in the same city made it even more intense. I also liked the fact that I got to see more of the city of Ketterdam and how dark and grim it is. It made me think of the show Gotham or even Starlight city from Arrow combined. I also liked how leigh also had more Grisha elements in the book as well. I have a feeling that I should read the Grisha Trilogy after this.

Starting off Kaz who I pretty much think is the most interesting character has developed so much in the book. I also like despite being a cruel, and smart person he has many sides of him. I also like seeing a part of him that actually cares for his team. I mean when someone is in trouble or down he will actually give a look. But at the same I also like how Leigh didn’t make a 180 change for Kaz. It was more realistic and gradual which help keep the character we know.

For Inej, I think she is one of the most strongest characters. I like how regardless of her past and the situations she knows how to take care of herself. She is tough, and very smart. I also like the fact she and Kaz share this bond where they work well with each other. I hope another book comes out so I can see if they actually get together.

On to Wylan and Jesper. In the book, you get to know more about the characters and their backstory. I also liked Wylan, especially because in the first book I thought he was a whiny kid who just wanted to rebel. But throughout the book, I got a new respect for him. And Jesper he is just funny.

Lastly, I think the way it ended was perfect and it gave more open possibilities of more books. Like maybe spin-offs for the characters and maybe another series featuring the characters because I think it would totally fun to explore. I also would’ve liked to see how the characters who evolve as well.

I had so much fun reading this book. In fact, the duology stepped from the last book. I actually liked how the action built up and the fact that all countries were in the same city made it even more intense. I also liked the fact that I got to see more of the city of Ketterdam and how dark and grim it is. It made me think of the show Gotham or even Starlight city from Arrow combined. I also liked how Leigh also had more Grisha elements in the book as well. I have a feeling that I should read the Grisha Trilogy after this.

Starting off Kaz who I pretty much think is the most interesting character has developed so much in the book. I also like despite being a cruel, and smart person he has many sides of him. I also like seeing a part of him that actually cares for his team. I mean when someone is in trouble or down he will actually give a look. But at the same, I also like how Leigh didn’t make a 180 change for Kaz. It was more realistic and gradual which help keep the character we know.

For Inej, I think she is one of the strongest characters. I like how regardless of her past and the situations she knows how to take care of herself. She is tough and very smart. I also like the fact she and Kaz share this bond where they work well with each other. I hope another book comes out so I can see if they actually get together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crooked Kingdom.

July 23, 2017 – Shelved