Chelsea Williford's Reviews > Hoarfrost

Hoarfrost by Jordan L. Hawk

I'm a lot late to write this review, but here we go. The sixth installment of this wonderful series was, without a doubt, a very welcome addition!

In this adventure, we follow Whyborne and Griffin as they travel to the remote mining settlement of Hoarfrost to look into a discovery made by Griffin's long-lost-but-recently-found brother in the deepest tundra of the north. What they find there is far beyond some archeological dig site, but something far bigger and far more sinister at work.

To start with, while this one wasn't quite as engrossing as some of the others have been, this one had so much emotion! I have to be honest, the main reason I love this book is that we get such a different dynamic to work with here. They've been married for a while now and you really see that 'married couple' relationship dynamic shining through. I love the consistency this series has given to them as people and their progression as a couple has really, really worked. I also really loved Christine in this one, as I always do. I think the one negative I could have is how absolutely clueless Griffin's brother is, but honestly, I guess if you WANT so hard to believe something, then you could actually be that clueless. It's a small gripe, and definitely not enough to get me to knock off a star. This series is still the best series I've read in a very long time.

I didn't rush straight on to the next book, choosing to read something else in the interim, but I have already bought the next one in the series, so I will be sure to read it in the new year!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hoarfrost.

July 23, 2017 – Shelved