Abi's Reviews > The Sweetest Kind of Fate

The Sweetest Kind of Fate by Crystal Cestari

I reread book one, The Best Kind of Magic, in preparation for this lovely sequel, and reading them one after the other was a great way to experience the story. In book two (I believe this is a duology, as this one wraps up pretty nicely but has some room for a sequel if Ms. Cestari chooses to write one), Amber is facing the threat of Kim, Charlie's soulmate. She gets herself pretty freaked out by all of that, plus the situation with Iris, Ivy's sister, but everything works out well in the end.

I think that Amber grew a lot as a person in this book. She definitely made some immature, selfish choices with some things. But I related to her a lot, because what would you do if your boyfriend's soulmate showed up like that? At any rate, despite some emotional pain, love wins out for some people, so yay, and things are looking up for the cast of characters.

As for the rest of the characters, I grew to like Ivy more in this book, and she really loves her sister. Amani and Vincent have a bit of a romantic breakthrough at one point, which is nice. Kim turns out to be pretty cool (which is a little infuriating for Amber) but I liked her. Amani on her own was fine. She and Amber had some tension and problems at one point, but she's an awesome best friend.

The plot was great. The characters were pretty darn awesome. The magic rocked. Overall, I really, really liked this book, and I read it in one sitting of a few hours. 4.5 stars, and highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetest Kind of Fate.

July 23, 2017 – Shelved