Becky Rendon's Reviews > All of You All of Me

All of You All of Me by Claudia Y. Burgoa

This book...wow, just wow.

I can't possibly explain how reading this heals a person but I'm going to try.

I love reading. I read because I dream of the perfect romance. I long for the lives of spontaneous gifts, flowers, and proofs of "love". I think I feel more of Willow than most people could. I wasn't abandoned as a child. It just felt like I was. My parents had to focus on my terminally ill brother and I became an afterthought. The pain in this book is real and it hurts.

The beauty is incredible. Most romances are the idealistic meet cute and then some mild turbulence and bam HEA. However, real life isn't so clean. Real life isn't so perfect. Yes I read to escape or dream but this book gave me an odd sense of hope.

In a world where the motion is love cures all, it's hard to be damaged in love. You see beautiful representations of what it should be. You should be cured. You shouldn't be lost in a fog of despair. You shouldn't need more...but reality isn't the same.

This book gives hope to those lost. It gave hope to a woman lost in a fog of despair who loves dearly but can't help thinking she missed the bus. It is a healing story and guess what...it's okay to be "broken."

I cried and loved every minute of their heartache and heartbreak. It's funny how in the beginning I wasn't sure I would connect with two very different from me characters...guess that joke was on me. You don't need to suffer from a disorder or a fear to connect to these characters. They connect to your insecurities and your fears and its almost cathartic the release it causes.

So my sappy, happy, sad story aside...it's an incredible book. And even though it ends better than I hoped, I'm still fighting tears. It was just perfect.

Reviewed for Naughty Book Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All of You All of Me.

July 23, 2017 – Shelved