Kellie Sheridan's Reviews > Dangerously Placed

2077279
Sep 09, 2011

bookshelves: ya
Read from September 09 to 11, 2011

This was such a fun story. I have always found the idea of virtual worlds to be pretty fascinating, so a story where everyday people get to go to work in a spectacular, virtual enviroment was right up my alley. The world that Nansi Kunze has created within Virk is dripping with imagination and really pulls you in as Alex puts on her suit in order to have a realistic experience in the environment right through to her last day on the job.

I also really enjoyed the supporting characters, Alex’s group of real world friends. They have a really believable group dynamic and truly acted like the teenagers they are. I also loved that the romantic interest storyline wasn’t blatantly obvious right from the get go. I won’t give it away, but tell you that it at least kept me guessing.

One thing I maybe had a bit of trouble with was that it never really felt like the main character, Alex was in any real danger of being accused of murder. For so many reasons this was the most realistic route to take but it did kind of take away from the feeling of Alex actually having anything to lose.

A fun mystery story for the technological age and definitely a recommended read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerously Placed.