Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > Trust

Trust by Kylie Scott

bookshelves: reviewed

I can't begin to put into words, to explain, how very much this book meant to me and how much it resonated with me. I'm in my early 30s and an avid reader who can easily read between 15-20 books a month and have done so since I was 13 years old. Just take a moment and think about how many books that is, so that, when I tell you that never before have I read a YA book in which a character (Edie) resonated so deeply with me and moved me so much, I mean never. There were many times whilst reading this book that I found myself thinking: that's me. That's exactly how I act, feel, think, or how I used to. In my high school years I struggled with my weight (still do), I was bullied and although I was invited out many times I preferred to stay at home with a good book instead. It's easier, you see, to avoid the social anxiety, the detrimental thoughts of people making disparaging comments or hurtful remarks about what I was wearing or my weight. Like Edie, I too, struggle with trust issues, I always have. I struggle to trust people to like and to love me just as I am and not to want to change me. Reading about a character just starting out in life who was dealing with the same issues that I have for the most part dealt with but still sometimes struggle with really meant a lot to me and really hit me smack bang in the feels. To see the way that Edie's character grew and developed within the story and how thoughtfully the subject of anxiety and the effects and impact of broken trust can have on you were dealt with was truly beautiful to see. John, the 'bad boy' with a good heart is totally dreamworthy as is the love he has for Edie and he's going at the top of my list of favorite book boyfriends. Great work, Kylie Scott, this is a truly amazing, moving story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust.

Started Reading