Marta Cox's Reviews > Blood Gamble

Blood Gamble by Melissa F. Olson

Read 2 times

Another instalment in the chaotic life that Scarlet lives. Scarlet may be human but she's also a powerful null meaning that her life is anything but ordinary. Still she's somehow accepted who and what she is and has even trained hard to protect herself and those she cares for and that is unfortunately her weak spot. Scarlet is adamant that she's not going to Las Vegas no matter what Dashiel decrees but who said vampires play fair? Dashiel might not be warm and fluffy but as the cardinal vampire of Los Angeles he understands weakness and to get what he wants will exploit any that Scarlet has and it just so happens that her family are easily manipulated. Scarlet never wanted to check ou the new vampire show and she certainly hadn't planned on being part of a belated bachelorette weekend but needs must when the devil drives !
I think Scarlet is a character you actually really like or just don't! She can come across as quite abrasive but thinking back she has really grown up as this series has developed. The fact that she's a null is used to great effect here and I particularly liked the way the author pays homage to the original Dracula legend but in her own inimitable style . Yet this story did unfortunately seem to go off at a tangent with the introduction of Skinners which completely changed the focus of the storyline. No spoilers but Scarlets about to confront a little piece of her past with repercussions that will ripple through to the next book. Still it would be boring if things always stayed the same so kudos to the author for such a bold move. Mystery, romance and betrayal all wrapped around vampires, werewolves and witches make this series stand out and I happily recommend it.
This voluntary take is of a copy I requested from Netgalley and my thoughts and comments are my honest and I believe fair opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Gamble.

Finished Reading
July 9, 2017 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
July 9, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 17, 2017 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
July 22, 2017 – Shelved as: my-reviews (Kindle Edition)
July 22, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley (Kindle Edition)
July 22, 2017 – Shelved