Bethany Swafford's Reviews > Courting the Country Miss

Courting the Country Miss by Donna Hatch

liked it
bookshelves: kindle

Leticia expected to marry Richard, a serious, perfect gentleman. Seeing him happily married to someone else breaks her heart, but she carries on. Tristan, feeling guilty for his part in shattering his childhood friend's hopes for the future, sets out to find her a husband. Can past feelings be overcome when new feelings begin to bloom?

Having first met Leticia in book one, I wasn't overly impressed with her character. She improves somewhat in this book, however I can't say that she is a favorite. She spends a great deal of time mourning the future she lost with Richard. To take her mind off her loss, she throws herself into helping organize a school, which brings her into danger. Is her determination to go on bravery or ignorance?

Tristan was not as enjoyable as his brother. There are frequent mentions of his "connection" he made with Elizabeth in the first book, but I never really saw it. His desire to change was done believably, though.

As far as Regency romances, this is enjoyable enough, though not an immediate favorite of mine. Still, fans of Donna Hatch will definitely enjoy it.

I received a copy from Loving the Book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Courting the Country Miss.

July 21, 2017 – Shelved