Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle's Reviews > Lucky Number Eleven

Lucky Number Eleven by Adriana Locke

***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 Candy Apple CROWNS

Lucky Number Eleven by Adriana Locke is hands down, without question my favorite book of hers. It has absolutely every thing in I love in a sports romance: cocky sports hero, feisty heroine, and sweet and sexy times. I never wanted it to end.

Branch Best is my kryptonite. Seriously, this man hits all of my points for a hero. He is sexy as heck with the body of an athlete (hello, cover), and he has the confident swagger that I cannot resist. Even with his arrogance, there are these moments of kindness beneath the surface when he interacts with Layla that just makes you swoon and wins you over. Layla couldn't resist his charms and neither will you.

Layla is my favorite heroine. She is smart and witty, and so feisty that she has no problem putting Branch in his place before and after their time at the cottage. Her ability to stand up to him, demand things from him, and walk away from him had me cheering her on the whole way through the novel. Add to that the way she deals with the surprise plot development and I was sold on her character. I really love her just as much as Branch.

This story is engaging from the opening pages. The Expose article for the opening of Lucky Number Eleven is pure brilliance. Starting the reader in the middle of the conflict makes us desperate to see how the characters got there. Then Adriana Locke's use of secondary characters, especially Poppy, as a form of comedy is brilliant. I love all of her moments with Layla. In fact I want a friend just like her, supportive, loving, and willing to throw down for her friend. The chemistry between Branch and Layla carries the story as well as the conflict. The author's choice of conflict is real and believable, causing their inevitable split to feel organic and natural. Don't fret, though, because this couple and Adriana Locke do not let readers down, and she delivers an epilogue that will absolutely have you swooning.

Lucky Number Eleven is absolutely, positively PERFECT! Adriana Locke has scored with her newest couple, and their journey to happily-ever-after had me glued to my Kindle. I never wanted it to end.
----------
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews and other book news, check out Musings of the Modern Belle at www.modernbellebooks.com.
---------

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucky Number Eleven.

July 21, 2017 – Shelved
July 21, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
September 6, 2017 – Started Reading
September 7, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Kramer Wow! You're making me really want to read it.

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle I hope you give it a try! It is my fave