Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Artemis

Artemis by Andy Weir

bookshelves: sci-fi, own, favorites

Yay for my book winning 2017 GR award 😄

This book freaking rocks!!

No, seriously. The book does have science in it but it's not too bad. This is mostly about Jazz who has lived on the moon since she was 6 and now she's in her 20's. Her dad lives on the moon too but they had a falling out and she makes it on her own by doing. . . things.

I love the character of Jazz. She's funny and does crazy things but never anything to hurt any one.

AND SHE LIVES ON THE MOON!

Jazz doesn't live in the good part of town. Yes, the city on the moon is called Artemis and they have their rich side and poor side. It's just too awesome to read about.

Jazz does some odd jobs as a porter but she also brings in contraband and no it's nothing bad.

She has a cool friend she emails from Earth, his name is Kelvin. I love their talks.

Rich people come to the moon every year to spend their holiday. They stay in the fancy hotels and spend tons of money in the shops. Regular folk save up their money so they can come for a once in a life time stay.

But, life on the moon isn't all that it's cracked up to be. There just has to be some evil mobness going on. There are life and death situations and Jazz in put on the spot to save the whole city.

That's all I'm saying, you need to read it for yourself. If you loved The Martian (which I did) you will love this book. At least I think you will, I did because IT'S THE MOON! THEY ARE LIVING ON THE MOON!

And I have to mention some of the people I loved in the book:
Svoboda
Dale
Lene
Kelvin
Bob
Jazz dad

and some randoms =)

*I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book*

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis.

July 21, 2017 – Started Reading
July 21, 2017 – Shelved
July 21, 2017 – Shelved as: sci-fi
July 23, 2017 –
67.0% "Pretty freaking awesome!"
July 23, 2017 – Finished Reading
December 6, 2017 – Shelved as: own
December 6, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)

message 1: by Tuuli (new) - added it

Tuuli I am so looking forward to reading it!! *-*

message 2: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia I'm glad you liked it :) I'm looking forward to it.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Tuuli wrote: "I am so looking forward to reading it!! *-*"

Awesome 😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Olivia wrote: "I'm glad you liked it :) I'm looking forward to it."

message 5: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Glad you enjoyed it so much Melissa !! 👍😘💕

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon =) xo

Robert Any whalers on the moon?

(Pardon the Futurama reference)

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Great review Melissa! Glad you loved this! :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Robert wrote: "Any whalers on the moon?

(Pardon the Futurama reference)"

Nope

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Lindsay wrote: "Great review Melissa! Glad you loved this! :-)"

message 11: by Fran (new) - added it

Fran Melissa...great review......it sounds like it was a fun read for you. I will read my NG edition sooner rather than later. Thank you for helping with my trajectory to Artemis!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you so much, Fran =) It was a great ride! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did ♥

message 13: by Nuha (new)

Nuha Zabreen Nice review Melissa !! This sounds fun and weird

Kevin You lucky devil, I've been impatiently waiting to read this. Thanks for the review! Can't wait for the book.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Nuha wrote: "Nice review Melissa !! This sounds fun and weird"

Thanks =)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Kevin wrote: "You lucky devil, I've been impatiently waiting to read this. Thanks for the review! Can't wait for the book."

Thank you hon =) It's so good. Surely they will give you a copy on Netgalley! I am going to buy the book too because it was so good.

message 17: by Angus (new)

Angus Great review! I normally stay away from space books, but this actually looks like a lot of fun :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thanks hon =) I love space books. I didn't even think I would until I started venturing out I think at the end of last year. I like the space opera's. Lol, not those that are just science stuff I don't get. I want a story! =)

Kevin Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Kevin wrote: "You lucky devil, I've been impatiently waiting to read this. Thanks for the review! Can't wait for the book."

Thank you hon =) It's so good. Surely they will give you a copy on Netga..."

Thanks I'll trying to signup right now

message 20: by Fran (new) - added it

Fran Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Thanks hon =) I love space books. I didn't even think I would until I started venturing out I think at the end of last year. I like the space opera's. Lol, not those that are just science stuff I d..."

I'm with you, Melissa! Space operas are great!

message 21: by Angus (new)

Angus Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Thanks hon =) I love space books. I didn't even think I would until I started venturing out I think at the end of last year. I like the space opera's. Lol, not those that are just science stuff I d..."

Hopefully my tastes will change over the coming years! Because I know i'm missing out hahaha

message 22: by abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

abby "The book does have science in it but it's not too bad."

Now that's a sci-fi review after my own heart!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Kevin wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Kevin wrote: "You lucky devil, I've been impatiently waiting to read this. Thanks for the review! Can't wait for the book."

Thank you hon =) It's so good. Surely they..."

Good luck =)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Fran wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Thanks hon =) I love space books. I didn't even think I would until I started venturing out I think at the end of last year. I like the space opera's. Lol, not those t..."

Yes, woot! =)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Angus wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Thanks hon =) I love space books. I didn't even think I would until I started venturing out I think at the end of last year. I like the space opera's. Lol, not those t..."

Hey, you never know because mine did! I read one and then I was off to the races. Lol, I'm so glad too =)

Lucia Great review, sounds awesome :)

message 28: by Adina (new) - added it

Adina I am so, so jealous. I want to read it NOW!!! I was refused unfortunately. Those bad people from Netgalley!!! Joking, they are nice, I am living in the wrong country for this book.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Lucia wrote: "Great review, sounds awesome :)"

Thanks hon =)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Adina wrote: "I am so, so jealous. I want to read it NOW!!! I was refused unfortunately. Those bad people from Netgalley!!! Joking, they are nice, I am living in the wrong country for this book."

Oh, I hate living in the wrong country for a book! I see some I really want to read but not in the US. Arggggg....

message 31: by Mischenko (new) - added it

Mischenko Great review, Mel. :)

Sarah Somehow the publishers saw fit to also grant me a copy of this (don't know how I got that lucky, but I'll take it!) I'll be starting it in the next couple weeks and now I can't wait!

Ann (Little Bear) Baratheon So awesome you got a chance to read this! I appreciate you giving us a glimpse but not giving too much away from this highly anticipated book! Thanks, Melissa.

(PS to my buddy Sarah! Proud of you for snagging an arc! Super excited for your updates and review as well!)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Mischenko wrote: "Great review, Mel. :)"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Sarah wrote: "Somehow the publishers saw fit to also grant me a copy of this (don't know how I got that lucky, but I'll take it!) I'll be starting it in the next couple weeks and now I can't wait!"

Yay! I hope you love it =)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Ann (Little Bear) wrote: "So awesome you got a chance to read this! I appreciate you giving us a glimpse but not giving too much away from this highly anticipated book! Thanks, Melissa.

(PS to my buddy Sarah! Proud of you ..."

message 37: by Benjamin (new) - added it

Benjamin Great review!! ❤ I can't wait to read it!

Sarah Ann (Little Bear) wrote: "So awesome you got a chance to read this! I appreciate you giving us a glimpse but not giving too much away from this highly anticipated book! Thanks, Melissa.

(PS to my buddy Sarah! Proud of you ..."

Haha- thanks Ann!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Ben wrote: "Great review!! ❤ I can't wait to read it!"

Thank you hon =) I hope you love it too ♥

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Terrific review!! xox

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you so much =) xoxo

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Great review Melissa!:-) Glad you enjoyed this one!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you sweetie =)

message 44: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Awesome review, babe! Glad you loved it! I basically can't understand sci-fi but use them sometimes for the change of plot! Haha! 💙

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Lol, thank you love =) ♥ I can understand most of them. Although, I do get lost with them sometimes and with high fantasy books! :-/

message 46: by Hayli (new) - added it

Hayli Oooh it sounds so good! I'm glad you got a copy and liked it! (I didn't get approved. :() Can't wait to pick it up once it comes out, though!

message 47: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Yay! Glad you enjoyed it, Melissa. :)) Excellent review, sweetie! xoxoxo

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Wonderful review Melissa! Glad that you loved it! I havent read this author yet. XOXO;-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Hayli wrote: "Oooh it sounds so good! I'm glad you got a copy and liked it! (I didn't get approved. :() Can't wait to pick it up once it comes out, though!"

It's so awesome! I hope you like it 💕😊

message 50: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Jul 24, 2017 03:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Pearl wrote: "Yay! Glad you enjoyed it, Melissa. :)) Excellent review, sweetie! xoxoxo"

Thank you sweetheart xoxo 😘💕. It was soooo good 😊