Bonnie's Reviews > Sailor Moon, #1

Sailor Moon, #1 by Naoko Takeuchi

Sep 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: graphic-novels
Recommended for: Would rather recommend the anime; but take a look at the original manga for artwork at the least.

I used to watch the television series when I was younger and continued to do so watching the later arcs, the most memorable being the Heart Snatchers arc and the one that came after. However I haven't seen the arcs between the first arc and the Heart Snatchers but eventually I try to find the time. Sailor Moon is nostalgic to me as to a great deal many others to old and new fans alike. Quite recently a roommate of mine watched the whole series to completion and enjoyed it a great deal.

Now there is the manga back in the nineties/ 2000s that I would always look for in the bookstore to pick up a copy. I liked the girly artwork and of course the well known characters from the Television series.

But the manga's plot(s) and story telling I found it....lacking. The panels, dialogue, pacing and the pictures themselves put together made it a confusing and lackluster read. When I look back on it,the writing isn't very concise, and things just happen for the sack of happening. Personally I don't like to say it, but I think the manga was done terribly yet it inspired a great anime. So the manga wasn't in terrible vain at the most.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sailor Moon, #1.