Rachael's Reviews > Teasing Annie

Teasing Annie by Helen Hardt

I have been a fan of Helen’s for a while now & when I saw the chance to read some of her Temptation series books I was excited. The series doesn’t have to be read all together, and they can be read as standalones. She packs so much emotion and heart into her writing, I was very excited to see what she puts into Teasing Annie & Taking Catie. Although I skipped right to book #2, it wasn’t an issue not reading book 1 first. Both books were quick reads for me and tugged at my heart in so many ways. The series follows the McCray brothers and we get each of their stories in each book. I selected two that seemed the most interesting to me, and loved them both! I can’t wait to read the rest of this series now! I want more McCray’s!
Teasing Annie
In Teasing Annie we get Dallas’ story. He’s the oldest brother and is nervous about any possibility of a relationship due to his history with his ex wife. He is scared to fall into another trap and loveless relationship. Then he meets the new Veterinarian in town Annie and he begins to think things might be different with her. He guards himself, but also is so drawn to her he isn’t able to keep her away. Both characters are well developed and very loveable personalities. There is a little bit of angst, but nothing too over the top. Can he overcome his own doubts and just be with Annie without pushing her away?
Taking Catie
Taking Catie was a very fun read and different from Teasing Annie in many ways. In Taking Catie we meet Catie Bay. She has loved from a distance Chad McCray and when she fails at seducing him she leaves the country. She returns from Europe a few years later a traveled, worldly woman. Confident and secure in whom she is. Chad is defiantly not looking for anything serious, but when he sees her back in town, he is drawn to her and is very interested in just a roll in the hay. But when emotions get involved and things get heated, the just can’t seem to stay away. Their book was very different from Annie’s in their personalities. These two weren’t fun loving, fall in love with them characters. Annie does have a bit of a crush on him that blinds her in his behaviors. His personality for a good chunk of the book is not the best. But once things start to get going with them after she returns from Europe, they are both much more aware of each other and I found them more likeable as time went on in this story.

*I received ARC copies of these titles at my request and am providing these voluntary reviews*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teasing Annie.

July, 2017 – Started Reading