Heather Ann Lynn's Reviews > Kiss Me, Kill You

Kiss Me, Kill You by Larissa C. Hardesty

Jul 21, 2017

Read 2 times. Last read July 20, 2017 to July 21, 2017.

This is definitely for a younger audience, and there were moments I wanted it to be more mature–especially since there are club/dance scenes, lots of physical contact, and the occasional mention of sex. I would have loved for this to be geared toward a more mature YA audience, and those moments to be expanded upon.

I enjoyed the tension between Paul and Emmy the most. It’s great they work with each other, in a sense, but are also pitted against each other. I would have loved to see one more dangerous scene between these two before the climax.

This book lacked more discovery, narrative and dialogue on The Powers. There’s mention of “religion”–what Emmy’s mom and Lily call it, but I was left with questions about The Powers. Even with Paul’s POV, there were times it wasn’t enough backstory.

Speaking of Paul, I don’t think his POV did much to move the story along. It was interesting to see his view of things, but it didn’t really reveal anything to me that couldn’t have been shown or discovered by Emmy herself. I almost wish this story was purely Emmy’s.

What I really liked was Lily’s plot twist. And without giving away spoilers, I can’t explain why. But this was great. If Paul didn’t have his own POV, his character would have worked in a good plot twist too.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. As much as I love the cover, though, I thought this might be about Vampires, not a succubus, before I read the summary. I look forward to seeing the difference in this book vs. the second-to-come, to find out more about The Powers and how Emmy will save her friends and family.

I won this paperback and kindle version in a free giveaway

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me, Kill You.

July 19, 2017 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
July 19, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 19, 2017 –
50.0% (Kindle Edition)
July 20, 2017 – Started Reading
July 20, 2017 – Shelved
July 20, 2017 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
July 21, 2017 – Finished Reading