Amber Read's Reviews > Darkhouse

Darkhouse by Karina Halle

Sep 09, 2011

I have to admit, once I really got into this book I could not stop reading. I love this book.

Perry is a twenty-two year old girl living the dream, working as a receptionist, living with her parents and in the shadow of her fifteen year old sister. Perry has a history of being the outcast. When she was younger she always had imaginary friends. She was overweight in school and was teased, she got mixed up with drugs and was thankfully able to get out of that whole scene. Even though she is doing okay, she's always bored and feels stifled and always searching for something more.

On a weekend trip to her uncles home on the coast, Perry's life gets more interesting, to say the least. A trip to the beach one night for a bonfire with her cousins and sister, Perry wanders up to the abandoned lighthouse on her uncles property. Although her intuition is screaming at her to turn back, she doesn't. In the lighthouse she meets sexy and mysterious, Dex. She also runs into some supernatural trouble.

Things escalate from there for Perry. When she gets home and heads back to work things seem to get weirder and weirder. Perry is having strange dream, she sees an old lady at her job that no one else seems to notice, and she learns some disturbing things about her past. Out of the blue she hears from Dex who offers her a once in a lifetime job....as a ghost hunter.

Things just get better and better from there, at least from a reader's stand point. I'm not going to give anything away but this book creeped me out so bad. It was so good though. I was rooting for Perry the whole time. She's a great leading lady and I loved all of the supporting characters as well, especially Dex and Ada. I give this book all of the stars in the world. I'm looking forward to reading more with Perry and finding out what happens to her next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkhouse.