Dawn Michelle's Reviews > The Friday Night Knitting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Apr 21, 2008

bookshelves: books-read-in-2008, books-i-cant-live-without
Recommended to Dawn Michelle by: Read a review of it
Recommended for: Anyone who loves a good story

This was a really GREAT book! Its a story if strength, perseverance (sp), tenacity and most of all, love and how love touches and affects everything around you even when you aren't aware that it is. Is is also the story of forgiveness and the love that can come when forgiveness happens.

This is the story of Georgia Walker. And of her daughter Dakota. And the knitting shop she opened when she found herself single, pregnant and alone in a city she wasn't sure she wanted to stay in. And its the story of Anita, Georgia's "fairy godmother" who meets Georgia and helps her start her business and in doing that becomes her friend and the mother Georgia always wanted but didn't have.
And with Anita's help, Georgia opens her store, raises her daughter and makes new friends (many that are VERY interesting characters) while (reluctantly [sp]) re-connecting with old friends. And in the midst of everything is knitting and the love of that that binds them together. In ways that they all would never imagine.

At times light and funny and at times dark, thought-provoking and serious (and at times SAD!), this book was such a great read for me. It made me think and look at my own life and what I am doing (and NOT doing) with it!!!
LOVED this book!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Friday Night Knitting Club.

April 21, 2008 – Shelved