Kellie's Reviews > Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

F 50x66
Sep 08, 2011

Read in August, 2011 — I own a copy

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Miss. Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children begins right after the gruesome death of sixteen year old Jacob’s beloved grandfather. Although all the other people in Jacob’s life believed his grandfather was crazy, Jacob always had a feeling that he was telling some semblance of the unbelievable truth. After he saw the attack on his grandfather, Jacob decided to go investigate the “stories” of his grandfather’s youth and finally figure out the truth. The story really begins when Jacob is dropped off with his bird-watching father on a secluded island in Wales. Once on the island Jacob finds the ruins of Miss. Peregrines home and starts to think that his grandfather was not only telling him the truth, but that some of the children might still be alive. There might also be more terrifying realities than what was just living in his childhood nightmares. The book seamlessly intertwines intriguing photographs within the text of the pages. The photos are beautifully haunting and what made me pick the book up to start with, but the heart pounding and sometimes devastating story are what made me turn page after page until the wee hours of the morning to an ending that is not truly the “end.” This is Ransom Riggs first book and I am certainly a fan already!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.