Jen 's Reviews > Until the Sun Sets

Until the Sun Sets by Tara Wyatt

bookshelves: arc-net-galley, contemporary-romance, dual-pov, friends-to-luvahs, make-up-your-damn-mind, manwhore

3.5 Right Under Your Nose Stars

Dean and Carly have been friends and co-workers for a few years and, on the surface, things are great. Dean does his best to fall into bed with any and all attractive women that come his way, while Carly pines away for Dean who never seems to really notice her as a woman. You know, in that way.

When Dean’s cousin not so subtly suggests he bring a date to a destination wedding in Mexico because Dean’s family fears his wandering penis may get him into trouble with the bridesmaids, Dean starts to do some soul searching. Does his family really view him as just another run of the mill manho?

A spur of the moment decision has Dean inviting his pal Carly to Mexico as his plus one. Now, I’m not one to ruin the surprise **cough cough** so I’ll just say things don’t stay platonic between Dean and Carly for long.

I’ll admit I went into this with some lowered expectations. It’s not that I was expecting it to be bad, I just wasn’t expecting much in the way of story. While it didn’t give me anything new or unexpected, I really enjoyed Carly and Dean coming together. I’m a sucker for friends to lovers stories anytime I can get them and this one is done well. I also enjoyed the added bonus of Carly flaunting an adoring Dean in front of her douche of an ex and the woman he left her for.

While I’m not sure Until the Sun Sets is going to be one of those books that sticks with me, I had a great time reading it. I was also surprised by how much I enjoyed the writing overall, which moved this potentially 3 star read to a 3.5 star.

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until the Sun Sets.

Finished Reading
July 19, 2017 – Shelved as: dual-pov
July 19, 2017 – Shelved as: friends-to-luvahs
July 19, 2017 – Shelved as: make-up-your-damn-mind
July 19, 2017 – Shelved as: manwhore

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FAB review, lovely! I love friends to lovers as well! I'll have to check this out. Glad you enjoyed it! :) xoxo

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Excellent review, darling! Glad it was a good one for you!! xo

Jen Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "FAB review, lovely! I love friends to lovers as well! I'll have to check this out. Glad you enjoyed it! :) xoxo"

Thanks, sweetie! It was cute 😊

Jen Jenny wrote: "Excellent review, darling! Glad it was a good one for you!! xo"

Thank you, babe! xx

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth Amazing review, honey! Love when a book can surprise you!

message 6: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Super review, lovely :)

Claire Robinson Great Review, Jen x

Eve (Between The Bookends) Fab review Jen! :D

Jen Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Fab review Jen! :D"

Claire wrote: "Great Review, Jen x"

Nicola wrote: "Super review, lovely :)"

Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆ wrote: "Amazing review, honey! Love when a book can surprise you!"

Thank you, my sweets! xx

message 10: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Jen! :)

Jen Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Jen! :)"

Thank you much, Aisling! 😘