Brenda's Reviews > My Hellion, My Heart

My Hellion, My Heart by Amalie Howard

Jul 17, 2017

bookshelves: reviewed

Publisher's Description:
He fought battles for crown and country. She waged war for his heart.

Lord Henry Radcliffe, the scarred but sinfully sexy Earl of Langlevit, is a beast. The only way Henry can exorcise the demons of his war-ravaged past is through intense physicality. In and out of bed. An endeavor that has no shortage of willing participants.

Intent on scandalizing London, Princess Irina Volkonsky is a hellion and every gentleman’s deepest desire...except for one. Irina knows better than to provoke the wickedly forbidding earl, but she will stop at nothing short of ruination to win the heart of the only man she’s ever loved.

But when one scandalous kiss makes dangerous passions ignite, neither of them can fight their sizzling attraction. When a sinister plot emerges to threaten them both, they will have to fight one last battle, this time for the ultimate prize...love.

My Thoughts:
This book is written on the same premise as another one I have read recently.

Irena has been in love with Henry for a long time. Irena is highly sought after even though she wants nothing to do with any of her suitors.

Henry feels marriage is not in his future. He runs an obstacle course daily in order to hold off his demons in the nightmares he has as a result of war.

Will Irena succeed in exorcising Henry's demons? Will love succeed where nothing else has?

This well written book has a storyline that kept me enthralled. I couldn't put it down. The characters and story are well developed and engaging.

I gave it 4.5 of 5.0 stars for storyline and character development and a sensual rating of 4.0 of 5.0 flames. Although our hero and heroine clearly desire one another their personal issues keep them from acting on their desires for most of the story.

I received a complimentary digital ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley to read. This in no way affected my opinion of this title which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Hellion, My Heart.

Finished Reading