Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘'s Reviews > Vendetta

Vendetta by Catherine Doyle

it was ok
bookshelves: romance, 2017-reads, buddy-read, cringeworthy, masochist-me, roll-eyes-worthy, trigger-warning, young-adult
Recommended for: readers with endless patience

... That's YA Mafia Romance for you, apparently?!?

I feel like my brain should be washed in bleach after Vendetta but as I'm a silly bitch who love rolling her eyes and giggling stupidly (apparently?!) I will most definitely read the rest, enjoy Luca and stab the puppy smile out of Nic the Creep's face. This book is trash, though, and does something I hate : it uses an attempted rape to serve the plot.

CONS : TSTL heroine - Instalove - Bad dialogues - Unbelievable - Predictable - NIC - The cheese, the cheese everywhere - these boys are just so beautiful, beautiful, beautiful BAHAHAHAHA (yes I'm losing it) - Remind me why they care about Sophie oh yes she's so spechul I'm drowning in snowflakes

PROS : girl friendship + LUCA (I like that he's not trying to be fed as a good guy like *cough*, and I'm very curious to see what he hides in him hehe - also he does try to tell Sophie to get lost which makes him way more decent than Nic The Creep) + Sometimes Sophie actually thinks and it makes my day + it's quite addictive, look at me, I should have DNFed on page 10 and I'm probably going to read the sequel XD

TW - Attempted rape, violence because it's the M A F I A (yeah I'm laughing don't shoot me)

Oh, and VAFFANCULO, NICOLI! (oops)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vendetta.

July 17, 2017 – Shelved
July 18, 2017 – Started Reading
July 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

Melissa (Ever So Mela) oh gawd, good luck lol

Sarah (A French Girl) Knowing your taste, I'm not sure you'll enjoy it loool. The book can be a bit cheesy at time. Hopefully, I'm wrong and you love it.

Nina (Every Word A Doorway) Happy reading, you rogue girls! You'll find the first book tropy but the sequel Inferno is a complete turn-around for this series and calls for a binge-read. I hope you'll find Vendetta entertaining enough to continue :)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ I'm really hoping I can read book 2..... So far it's indeed a bit cheesy and young ish and I rolled my eyes buuuut I knew that, lmao. Putting my sarcastic self in pause so far XD

Thank you girls!

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ NINA YOU CONFIRM ME (view spoiler) DO YOU? Because I'm reading solely for him lmao

Nina (Every Word A Doorway) Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) wrote: "NINA YOU CONFIRM ME [spoilers removed] DO YOU? Because I'm reading solely for him lmao"

why do you want me to spoil WHY

(view spoiler)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Nina (Every Word A Doorway) wrote: "Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) wrote: "NINA YOU CONFIRM ME [spoilers removed] DO YOU? Because I'm reading solely for him lmao"

why do you want me to spoil WHY

[spoilers removed]"

YES THANK YOU YOU MADE MY DAY THANK YOU

Sarah (A French Girl) Yes, the only reason I kept on reading was also because of the Endgame. *wiggle eyebrow* Can we all agree that the eldest brother of the Falcone is bae?

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Sarah wrote: "Yes, the only reason I kept on reading was also because of the Endgame. *wiggle eyebrow* Can we all agree that the eldest brother of the Falcone is bae?"

OF COURSE WE CAN

Sarah (A French Girl) loooool. BTW, I wholeheatly agree with your review. This book was weirdly addictive despite its glaring flaws.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Sarah wrote: "loooool. BTW, I wholeheatly agree with your review. This book was weirdly addictive despite its glaring flaws."

Right? I know that I would have dnfed a lot of books like that but strangely I wanted to go on? XD

message 12: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan This is great! I have absolutely no idea what to think of this book. Lots of love/hate happening. Too scared to read it now!

message 13: by Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (last edited Jul 20, 2017 09:00AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Susan wrote: "This is great! I have absolutely no idea what to think of this book. Lots of love/hate happening. Too scared to read it now!"

Lmao I'm sorry, I don't know what to say XD Thank you!

message 14: by Erika (new)

Erika What does LUCA stand for? I love your reviews btw!

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Erika wrote: "What does LUCA stand for? I love your reviews btw!"

Thank you :D Oh, it's short for Gianluca, and he's the only character I love in this <3

message 16: by Erika (new)

Erika Oh oh oh haha it looked like an acronym, Thanks!

Gelisvb No, Italian phrases don't make sense. Sigh.

message 18: by Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (last edited Aug 08, 2017 08:06AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Gelisvb wrote: "No, Italian phrases don't make sense. Sigh."

Nina (Every Word A Doorway) Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) wrote: "Gelisvb wrote: "No, Italian phrases don't make sense. Sigh."

Daaaaaaamn. I thought they did, but my Italian is rusted. Sorry about that. I edited."

You can tell she used Google Translate because it's exactly what Google would spout, but she did a better job in the sequels, for which she probably recruited a native speaker for proof-reading ;)

Alyssa We shared the same sentiments. I didn't like Nic at all. I was a bit hoping for Luca to be the love interest because in my opinion, he's the only redeeming part of this novel. Oh, and Millie.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Alyssa wrote: "We shared the same sentiments. I didn't like Nic at all. I was a bit hoping for Luca to be the love interest because in my opinion, he's the only redeeming part of this novel. Oh, and Millie."

Right??? Actually though, I've read the other books and (real spoiler, only read if you don't care) (view spoiler). It was still ridiculous buuuuuut better in that aspect (I really do hate Nic, ugh)

Alyssa Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "We shared the same sentiments. I didn't like Nic at all. I was a bit hoping for Luca to be the love interest because in my opinion, he's the only redeeming part of this novel. Oh, an..."

OMG YAAAAS! I LOVE LUCA.