Kristie Veillon's Reviews > The Arrangement

The Arrangement by Sarah Dunn

bookshelves: my-most-loved-books, 2017-book-challenge, reviewed

In The Arrangement, Sarah Dunn delivers a frank, honest and sometimes harsh look into a modern marriage while still delivering perfectly timed laugh-out-loud moments. Given Dunn’s background as a television writer, I was skeptical at first, thinking this would be a fluff, "lifetime movie" type read but it was satisfyingly so much more.
Potential readers, please don't be scared off by the premise of the open marriage plot line. The story is moreover about relationships, the stages and trials of a long term marriage, friendships, communities and parenting. As I read, I find myself struggling along with husband and wife, Lucy and Owen, both emotionally and logically as they seek to redefine the constructs of their marriage. The story would be a burdensome tale if not for the hilarious moments delivered by Sunny Bang, the straight forward, nonjudgmental best friend. She earns a spot onto my list of favorite book characters. I want more Sunny Bang!
Without hesitation, I devote to The Arrangement a rare Goodreads 5 star rating. Any person married for over ten years, raising a special needs child, or struggling to navigate the daily social structure of the suburbs can wholly identify with these characters despite their questionable and consequential choices.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Arrangement.

July 16, 2017 – Started Reading