Nicola's Reviews > At First Sight

Sep 07, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-books
Read from September 07 to 08, 2011

*This review has a SPOILER*
I would give this book 3 1/2 stars if I could. I must admit that the idea of love at first sight really makes me feel good.
This book was about love, marriage and friendship, and the joys and struggles that go along with them. It is only natural that when we begin to have doubts about one area in our lives we do begin to question everything else. New love,and marriage is challenging enough without throwing in a move, a baby and a career change. How true it is-- sometimes we just have to trust in ourselves and the ones we love - then hang on tight until things get better!
I was disappointed with the storyline involving Alvin. I felt that we did not learn enough about it, and the ends were not tied up. You cannot give up on a life-long friendship that easily! This goes against the theme if the rest of the book.
I also felt that the death of Lexie came from nowhere and was neither explained nor necessary. Sparks could have easily dealt with the idea of father/daughter bonding as well as the fears and joys of parenthood without killing off the mother.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At First Sight.

09/07/2011 page 166