Deborah's Reviews > P.S. I Forgive You: A Broken Legacy

P.S. I Forgive You by D.G. Kaye

bookshelves: non-fiction, memoir

I found Kaye’s first book about her narcissistic mother a true eye-opener, an education about a condition I’d heard of, but never understood in all its desperately sad reality. I have since realised that I know someone with this condition, and it helps me to understand her often bizarre decisions and behaviour, rather than just being confused by them.
This sequel book, which also stands alone as an education of a different kind, is a raw and open story of how to deal with the guilt that comes from finally saying “I have had enough!” and sticking with that decision to the bitter end.
As a work of self-help, which is many respects it is, this book is a good guide to dealing with those relationships that just cannot be fixed, no matter how much we would like them to be, and regardless of the depth of love involved. No one should have to endure what Kaye and her family went through, but despite the heartache and hardship, this tale demonstrates how one can turn such pain around and become stronger as a result, and discover how to leave the inevitable regrets behind by recognising the realities, rather than the fantasy version of how things might have been.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read P.S. I Forgive You.

Started Reading