Ari 's Reviews > Eye Candy

Eye Candy by Jessica Lemmon

Jul 18, 2017

it was ok

*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Jessica Lemmon's Billionaire Bad Boys is beloved by many of my blogger friends so I decided to check out the first book in her newest series, Real Love, in hopes that I too would fall in love with Lemmon's romances. However, things didn't end up panning out the way that I had hoped and book with a sweet cover left a rather sour taste in my mouth.

Eye Candy is a friends-to-lovers romance that follows are two main characters, Jacqueline Butler and Vince Carson. The two became close after they both went through divorces, but it's now years later and Vince thinks it's time for Jackie to start getting back out there. He decides to help her land a date with the sexy runner who passes by her window every morning by becoming her dating guru. But Vince's lessons end up working a little too well and soon Jackie realizes the guy that she wants to be with has been standing right in front of her all this time.

Eye Candy started off on a good note. Friends-to-lover is one of my all-time favorite tropes and I'm also a sucker for office romances so I had high hopes for this one. But once I hit the 25% mark, I was already over this book and these characters. The thing that just irked me the most about this book was the lack of communication between Jackie and Vince. They've been best friends for years yet they can't sit down and have a simple conversation about their feelings. It was so infuriating to see these two go back and forth and playing games with each others emotions. They wasted so much time when they could've just been like "hey, I like you!". It was unnecessary drama for no reason at all.

Jackie was the worst of the two because she really toyed with Vince's emotions and tried to make him jealous. The thing is, if anyone was going to understand why she was so guarded it would've been Vince since he's been there, so Jackie should've given him the benefit of the doubt. I liked Vince at first, but he messed everything up with his attempts to "coach" Jackie and give her dating advice. Like why would you give the girl you're crushing on advice on how to land a date with another guy?! The only saving grace was Davis, Vince's best friend. He was the only one with some common sense and he's also the reason why I'm going to read the sequel. Hopefully Arm Candy ends up being a lot sweeter than the first installment in the Real Love series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eye Candy.

July 17, 2017 – Started Reading
July 17, 2017 – Shelved
page 0
July 17, 2017 –
50.0% "JUST TELL EACH OTHER HOW YOU FEEL FFS 😤"
July 18, 2017 –