WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker's Reviews > Royally Matched

Royally Matched by Emma Chase

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary, series

I should have stopped while I was ahead.

This one magnified everything I didn't enjoy from the first. Our hero was such an immature I can't believe we're really calling him the hero, guy. He never did redeem himself for me. Because of the Bachelor like show he is involved with, more than half of his time is spent with other women. Even though this time isn't really focused on or seen, you're still aware of it. The time he does spend with the heroine (also, this happens over a span of 6weeks) is rushed and we're told they talk all night but don't get to read about the sharing.
My shy book loving heroine is more of a badly done facsimile of one. Her painful background also felt sloppily done; in fact this whole story felt sloppy.
Shallow characters and shallow story line, I know, I should have seen this coming with the synopsis.
Even though we don't get a glimpse of the couple I'm looking forward to in the third book, I'm still going to read it and hope it gives me some of the cheesy charm from the first. The hero gives me more hope as he has to be more mature than this one was.

*Rounded up because the hero searches out a first addition Sense and Sensibility for heroine (because he ruined her copy in an immature fit. Ugh.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royally Matched.

July 16, 2017 – Shelved
July 16, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
July 17, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary
July 17, 2017 – Shelved as: series
July 17, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Bubu (last edited Jul 17, 2017 08:40AM) (new)

Bubu Okay, that's a no-no, then. Thanks for taking one for the team and sorry this was a dud :/

(I'm still waiting to watch the GoT episode!)

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker I definitely rated it the lowest out of my friends. I'm kind of..baffled?, when I read through the reviews. I guess that is what makes GR so great though, the sharing of difference of opinions. Oooh boy, this one did not work for me, lol.

Girl, you need to watch at least the first 5 mins. Such a good first episode

message 3: by Obsidian (new)

Obsidian I heard these were terrible. This popped up for my millionaire/billionaire square for Booklikes-opoly.

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker You just got done reading 50 Shades, you probably need to stay away from this one for at least 5yrs before attempting.

message 5: by Obsidian (new)

Obsidian Kyraryker/WhiskeyintheJar wrote: "You just got done reading 50 Shades, you probably need to stay away from this one for at least 5yrs before attempting."

Oh God. I will.

message 6: by Bubu (new)

Bubu Not gonna hijack your review but only one thing (everything that is said before the word 'but' is horseshit):

(view spoiler)

WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker GOT talk isn't even hijacking, too essential.

message 8: by Bubu (new)

Bubu Kyraryker/WhiskeyintheJar wrote: "GOT talk isn't even hijacking, too essential.
THE NORTH REMEMBERS is being said by me at least once a day to people who piss me off from here to the foreseeable future."

Hahahahaha! That's a good one. I'm actually from the north of Germany, as in north north! Have to remember that.

message 9: by Caz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caz I didn't like this much either. I listened to the audio and quite honestly only got through it because the narration was so good. I don't appreciate authors carving up bits of the UK just so they can have royal characters, but mostly the attempts at humour were painful and juvenile. Henry/Harry turned out better than I thought he would but otherwise it was a huge pile of meh.