Shile 's Reviews > Captive Prince

Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat

bookshelves: best-of-the-best, favorites, mm-broke-my-little-heart, mm, unforgettable, 2017, all-time-favorites, book-boyfriend, lgbtqiap, absolute-favorites-2017, 2019, 1-it-is-a-masterpiece, enemies-to-lovers, buddy-reads-are-the-best
Read 2 times. Last read March 24, 2019 to March 25, 2019.

Buddy Reread March 2019. Loved it even more.

5++++++++ stars

Oh dear Lord, Zeus, Poseidon and Thor forgive me because I actually loved this book. The book does not shy away from sensitive subjects like rape, slavery, flogging, public humiliation. And yet I could not stop reading it, and the writing was sooo goood!, this book got my attention from page 1.

description

Before you read just know that when they refer to a pet, they don’t mean a cute dog or a sassy lazy cat that sleeps all day and looks at you with judgmental eyes, Nope pets are people!

description

‘He doesn’t look much like a pet,’ said the taller of the two men.
‘You heard. He’s a bed slave from Akielos,’ said the other.
‘You think the Prince fucks him?’ Sceptically.
‘More like the other way around.’
‘Pretty sweet orders for a bed slave.’ The taller’s mind stuck on the subject as the other
grunted noncommittally in reply. ‘Think what that’d be like, getting a leg over the Prince.’
I imagine it would be a lot like lying down with a poisonous snake, thought Damen, but he
kept the thought to himself.

Laurent - this guy is a manipulative son of a gun, he is a sadist, he likes mind games, i wanted to hate him but nope I actually loved him.

“Is ambition needed in a king?” said Laurent. “Or is it simply needed to become king?”

Damien oh you sweet poor man, i wanted him to be free, i liked that he tried to fight back and did not just let the veretians bring him down easily, and he has a mouth that sometimes just could not shut up to save his life.

The words came out before he could stop them. ‘I speak your language better than you speak mine, sweetheart

Oh and Nicaise you little bastard, i felt sorry for him and at the same time i wanted him gone, but i kinda like him and I think that Laurent has a soft spot for him from the way they interacted.

Definitely going continue with these series. I can't believe i loved it even though there is zero romance...hmmm!

Laurent's uncle.....

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive Prince.

July 16, 2017 – Started Reading
July 16, 2017 – Shelved
July 16, 2017 –
page 37
15.35% "Ooooooohhh! this is sooo gooooood! and so morally wrong but im intrigued"
July 16, 2017 –
page 121
50.21% "Laurent you Psycho, sadistic, mind-game playing son of a gun.. Ohh how i love you... i cant help myself

When someone doesn’t like you very much, it isn’t a good idea to let them know that you care about something,’ said Laurent.
Damen felt himself turn ashen, as the threat sank in.
‘Would it hurt worse than a lashing for me to cut down someone you care for?’ said Laurent.
"

March 25, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
March 25, 2019 – Shelved as: enemies-to-lovers
March 25, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 26, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-reads-are-the-best

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)

Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder I passionately love this series and read and reread. Last week I bought the audiobook editions. Then this past weekend I found out that my 21 yr old niece want to read these books, so of course I have to buy them for her!

Shile Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "I passionately love this series and read and reread. Last week I bought the audiobook editions. Then this past weekend I found out that my 21 yr old niece want to read these books, so of course I h..."

Wow, glad you love it..its so good and different. I also bought the audio will be listening soon..That's great! it seems the love of books runs in the family im sure she will love the series too.

Christelle LOL : great review, Shile. Enjoy this series ; it gets even better...shocking ;)

message 4: by Shile (last edited Jul 20, 2017 11:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shile Christelle wrote: "LOL : great review, Shile. Enjoy this series ; it gets even better...shocking ;)"

Thanks. Christelle .. Ive started book 2 and its amazing. xx

message 5: by haletostilinski (last edited Jul 20, 2017 11:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

haletostilinski Oh believe me, the romance comes in the next two books and its glorious. Glad you're loving this series, it's one of my favorites <3

Christelle haletostilinski wrote: "Oh believe me, the romance comes in the next two books and its glorious. Glad you're loving this series, it's one of my favorites <3"

^^^^ True words :-)

Shile haletostilinski wrote: "Oh believe me, the romance comes in the next two books and its glorious. Glad you're loving this series, it's one of my favorites <3"

Yay! i can't wait for the romance, so far i'm enjoying their interaction.

haletostilinski yeah, it just gets better (imo, anyway :D)

Shile haletostilinski wrote: "yeah, it just gets better (imo, anyway :D)"

Looking forward to enjoying reading the rest of the series , i know i will.

* A Reader Obsessed * Keep going!!

Shile R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "Keep going!!"
Thanks.. i am hooked

Shan( Shans_Shelves) &#x1f49c; I love your review. I guilty felt this trilogy but I loved it so much. I read all three within two days it was so addictive. It's one of my favourite trilogies :)

Shile Shanny wrote: "I love your review. I guilty felt this trilogy but I loved it so much. I read all three within two days it was so addictive. It's one of my favourite trilogies :)"

Thanks Shanny xx.. Happy you enjoyed the series. I am addicted already.

message 14: by Mwanamali (new)

Mwanamali Nice review Shile. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I didn't. I think the hype killed it for me. I was unable to finish it.

Corina lol - I loved it too!! No apologies needed. :D

Shile Mwanamali wrote: "Nice review Shile. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I didn't. I think the hype killed it for me. I was unable to finish it."

Thanks Mwanamali... Sorry you didn't like it...Maybe you can try another time..

Shile Corina☞BookTwinsReviews wrote: "lol - I loved it too!! No apologies needed. :D"

Yay! so happy you loved it! I enjoyed every word.

Shan( Shans_Shelves) &#x1f49c; I absolutely adored it. I loved it so much I bought the whole trilogy in paperback and on my kindle :) I hope you enjoy the books to follow. :D

Shile Shanny wrote: "I absolutely adored it. I loved it so much I bought the whole trilogy in paperback and on my kindle :) I hope you enjoy the books to follow. :D"

Thanks ; ) i am enjoying book 2 so far.

Shile Al *the serial series skipper* wrote: "Yay!"

xx.. loved it

message 22: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace sobering review!

Shile Diane wrote: "sobering review!"

Thanks dear xx

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥ I loved this series and I know there are a lot of People that don't like it. I still do and I'm glad I'm not alone! XD

Shile Virginia wrote: "I loved this series and I know there are a lot of People that don't like it. I still do and I'm glad I'm not alone! XD"

Glad you did!..some people were uncomfortable with the sensitive subject included in the book, but i felt that is what made the story unique.

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥ Shile loves books wrote: "Virginia wrote: "I loved this series and I know there are a lot of People that don't like it. I still do and I'm glad I'm not alone! XD"

Glad you did!..some people were uncomfortable with the sens..."

You're right! That and the intrigues. =)

Shile Virginia wrote: "Shile loves books wrote: "Virginia wrote: "I loved this series and I know there are a lot of People that don't like it. I still do and I'm glad I'm not alone! XD"

Glad you did!..some people were u..."

I'm enjoying book 2 so far

Sabrina I LOVE THIS TRILOGY!!!! AND I’m a 100% pleased to say that ! 💜🖤😘😍😭🙌❣️😘🖤😊😍🤩🤩.

And about the romance? Just wait!!!!!! Is a freaking slow-burn holy molly romance!!!!!!!!!! I just love this books so much❣️ one of my favorites!

message 29: by Shile (last edited Feb 14, 2018 08:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shile Sabrina The Trash Queen wrote: "I LOVE THIS TRILOGY!!!! AND I’m a 100% pleased to say that ! 💜🖤😘😍😭🙌❣️😘🖤😊😍🤩🤩.

So glad you loved it too. xx It is an amazing series, one of my favorite books ever too. Laurent and Damien forever xx

Wynne Katherine Terrific review babe! This series deserves all the stars tbh :P

Shile Wynne wrote: "Terrific review babe! This series deserves all the stars tbh :P"

Thanks my lovely! it is a great one. xx

Karla Yay glad you loved this one too! Terrific review, hon! xoxo

Shile Karla wrote: "Yay glad you loved this one too! Terrific review, hon! xoxo"

Thanks babe this series is amazing. xx

Shile Maddie wrote: "Fantastic Review Shile love 💕💋xx"

Thanks Maddie! this series is one of my favorite. xx

Eugenia Fab review, love!!! I need to revisit this series soon!!

Shile Eugenia wrote: "Fab review, love!!! I need to revisit this series soon!!"

Thanks babe! it deserves more than one read. :)

Shin Mon Thway Damen and Laurent forverrrrrr!!!! I just did my third reread like a couple months ago. I’m going to do them on audio soon. This is the most perfect couple everrrrr!!!!!! I’m so glad you love them! 😍😍😍😍

Shin Mon Thway It could have been a deal breaker between us if you hated this series. Just saying! And let’s not forget Lorraine will be on your arse! 😂🤣

Xia Xia Lake What Shin Mon said! Damen and Laurent forverrrrrr!!!!

message 40: by Shile (last edited Mar 25, 2019 10:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shile Shin Mon wrote: "Damen and Laurent forverrrrrr!!!! I just did my third reread like a couple months ago. I’m going to do them on audio soon. This is the most perfect couple everrrrr!!!!!! I’m so glad you love them! ..."

Yeess! #Damen and Laurent,. This series was perfect! I loved It. Enjoy your gazillion reread. 😍

Shile Shin Mon wrote: "It could have been a deal breaker between us if you hated this series. Just saying! And let’s not forget Lorraine will be on your arse! 😂🤣"

You know we are cut from the same peabutt! 🤣🤣, it was obvious i was going to love this.

Shile Xia Xia wrote: "What Shin Mon said! Damen and Laurent forverrrrrr!!!! "

I concur this series is soo good! everyone should read it. 😍

message 43: by Mads (new)

Mads Absolutely terrific review, Shile <3 xoxox

Shile Maddie wrote: "Absolutely terrific review, Shile <3 xoxox"

Thank you Maddie! i loved this series hard. xoxo

message 45: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Tremblay A friend of mines told me to read this. He is sure I'll love it. So I got it. But it's still waiting to be read in my Kindle reader. ;)

Shile Danielle wrote: "A friend of mines told me to read this. He is sure I'll love it. So I got it. But it's still waiting to be read in my Kindle reader. ;)"

Read it! he was right this series is amazing! I hope you will love it too. xx

Eugenia Yes!!! Great review and sooooo happy you loved it!!!!

message 48: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin It seems everyone read this series and I haven't started it yet! *sigh*
Fantastic review, babe! xoxo

Shile Eugenia wrote: "Yes!!! Great review and sooooo happy you loved it!!!!"

It is amazing! Thanks babe! xoxo

Shile Nazanin wrote: "It seems everyone read this series and I haven't started it yet! *sigh*
Fantastic review, babe! xoxo"

Bump it up! it is worth it.
Thanks babe! Happy reading when you do. xx

« previous 1