Beth ~ Panda & Boodle's Reviews > Her Unexpected Hero

Her Unexpected Hero by Kyra Jacobs

“You are 100 percent real in a world full of imposters and fakes, and I think that makes you absolutely perfect.”

If sweet, clean, quick romance is your jam, then you need to add Her Unexpected Hero to your TBR. It's a solid read, an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours, and fun in that feel good, heart-happy way.

This is actually the first book I've read by Kyra Jacobs, and though the third in a series, it's also a pretty charming introduction to her writing. The pacing was on-point and the words flowed into a story that definitely kept me invested. Not only that, the addition of some unexpected reactions and genuinely likable characters made it that much more enjoyable.

I perhaps didn't get *quite* as connected to Maddie as I might have liked, despite sympathizing with her insecurities, but I loved how she interacted with—and fell for—Cole. Because COLE, you guys. He's such a lovely book boyfriend—a little bit damaged and broody, hard-working and, my favorite, kinda swoony. Added bonus—he's a musician with a bad boy reputation and a good, if hidden, heart. If that doesn't make you all tingly, then… IDK, I'm sorry.

I would have loved for Her Unexpected Hero to be a touch longer, to have added a little something more to the end, but, on the whole, it was a very easy, very cute, very likable read. One that'll leave you feeling good and definitely one you should add to your TBR for a lazy Saturday afternoon binge read.

“It’s been so long since anyone has looked at me without judgment in their eyes.”

~ 3.5 Scarecrow STARS ~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Unexpected Hero.

July 15, 2017 – Started Reading