Rachel's Reviews > Battle Angel

Battle Angel by Scott Speer

6190584

Battle Angel is the final book in the Immortal City series and it was amazeballs. The story was so compelling that I gobbled the book in almost one sitting. I love the action, the heartbreak, the angels and most of all the plot.

Just as problems breakout between the humans and the angels, the dark angels (demons) emerge and is threatening humanity but the angels are nowhere to be seen. It's going to be up to half-human/half-angel Maddy to work with the humans to help save mankind, if only the angels would get on board.

There was so much drama in this book. The love triangle that is between angel Jackson Godspeed, Maddy and fighter-pilot Tom. The feelings in this book are so intense, its unreal. Tom knows he wants Maddy, Jackson has turned into a person Maddy cannot recognize and Maddy wants to save everyone from the demons and while the angels refuse to help the humans Maddy knows she cannot stand with them.

Is it just me or do a lot of young adult books (in the fantasy genre) have wars in them, I mean really. Well Speer has done an incredible good job in this book. The war between the humans and the demons is depicted really well and I have to say that I was on the edge of my seat waiting for things to happen. Then there is the whole sub-plot with the angels and everything that was going on there had my mind working.

Battle Angel was a good ending to the series, I wish the story could have ended in a different way and I will admit, it left me a little sad but the overall book was so good. The action, drama, plot twists, and revelations kept me highly entertained and I loved every minute of it.

The Immortal City series was spectacularly good, the characters the world, the writing, all of it was just so good and I am so glad that I took a chance on the series.

Overall 4.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Battle Angel.

July 15, 2017 – Shelved
July 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 31, 2019 – Started Reading
March 31, 2019 –
page 7
2.23% "I'm only 7 pages in and already this book has gutted me!"
March 31, 2019 –
page 101
32.17% "Okay this dude is just evil that is hiding behind a god-guy face,y ou cannot tell me that he isn't.

I wouldn't put it past him that this whole war is his doing."
April 1, 2019 –
page 254
80.89% "When someone is obviously bat-shit crazy! 😮"
April 1, 2019 –