Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Hell Breaks Loose

Hell Breaks Loose by Sophie Jordan

liked it
bookshelves: 3-stars, bought

Hell Breaks Loose was a suspenseful action-filled steamy romance. It’s the second book in the Devil’s Rock series and it does stand on it’s quite well.

I loved our hero who is an ex-convict, although Reid is still a convict... newly escaped. He's focused, on a mission, and has only one goal. You feel how deeply he wanted his life to be different and how he knows that he's going back or will die doing what he escaped to do. Reid’s done bad things and prison has tainted his soul, but one thing he would never do is hurt a woman.

I liked our heroine. Grace's life isn't her own. She did, does, and is doing what daddy wants. Being the perfect daughter, dating the man he picked, etc. All she wants is to find herself again and be free. She never expect to find herself kidnapped and held hostage by a gang all because a bad man wants to hurt her father, who just so happens to be the President. In someways we all can relate to Grace and the pressures life and the people in it can put on us.

The romance is a slow burn. The passion and chemistry is their between Reid and Grace from the moment they met. Both feel a connection despite their situation. Grace is reluctant to fall for her dangerous kidnapper and Reid doesn’t want to fall for anyone. I liked the romance, but it came a little to close to being and feeling like Stockholm.

After finishing Hell Breaks Loose I’m a little curious to check out more in the Devil’s Rock series. Knox from book one, All Chained Up, makes an appearance, only a small one, to talk with Reid. And, so I get the impression they are friends, maybe from prison. It makes me curious.

Rated: 3 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hell Breaks Loose.

July 15, 2017 – Started Reading