Melysah Bunting's Reviews > God's Eye

God's Eye by A.J. Scudiere

Sep 07, 2011

God's Eye by A.J. Scudiere is about a privileged women who tries to make a stand. Katharine Geryon works for her father at a high-end investment firm. She always does what she is told and has impeccable manners. Well, until things start going bump in the night.

Katharine starts to see and hear things in the middle of the night. A new hot lawyer moves in next door. She gets a tall, dark, and handsome assistant at work. Things are kind of chaotic. And it only gets more complicated when she starts dating her new neighbor, Zachary. She cannot deny her attraction to her new assistant, Allistair. And strange messages start to appear in her bathroom mirror. Maybe her new friend, Margot, can help? Katharine and Margot research the strange happenings and discover it's life or death. Which one will Katharine choose?

I've read only a few other paranormal romance novels. One I hated and the other I loved, so I didn't know what to expect with God's Eye. But I enjoyed reading A.J. Scudiere's other books, so I had my hopes up.

I really liked the story. A.J. Scudiere does a really good job at stringing the reader along. I didn't know who I sided with up until the last few pages. I couldn't tell who was the angel or the demon or if it even mattered. My brain wanted to help Katharine out like when you scream at the TV, "No, don't go in there!" I got so caught up in trying to help Katharine that by the time I read the last page I was about in tears. It felt like a Misery situation. If A.J. Scudiere killed the wrong character, I was going to lose it.

So in one word the book is addicting. I just had to keep reading. It's also well written. I like her style.

After having read three of her books I'd say she's in the top five of my best writers list. I have a list of King, Grisham, know, those guys. They are authors who you know will deliver.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God's Eye.

September 7, 2011 – Shelved